Workshop Mechanic (Amsterdam) - Dutch Speaker
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamJunction
Job title Workshop Mechanic
Department Brompton Junction Amsterdam
Reporting to Store Manager
Hours 40 per week – please note the store operates from 10:00 to 18:00 Tuesday – Friday and 12:00 to 18:00 on Sunday and Monday - you will need to work flexibly by agreement, to ensure that these hours are covered.
Uniform The Company wishes to portray a corporate and professional business image to its clients and customers. It also wants to ensure that clothing is compatible with safe moving and handling practices, reducing the risk of injury. To this end you will be supplied with company shirts that you will be required to wear.
Place of work The role is based at the Brompton Junction Amsterdam Store – 14-H Reestraat, 1016 DN, Amsterdam.
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars, and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative, and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Brompton Junction is our retail brand flagship in key strategic cities around the world. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments, and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience. We ensure that Brompton Junction is a great place to shop, spend time and be a part of.
Currently our retail network is embarking on an exciting global expansion plan, and we are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join our team. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments, and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience.
Your role is to ensure that Brompton delivers a first class after-sales support service to the store’s customers. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver world class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the world.
As part of our front-line service delivery team, you’ll be a first point of contact for customers. You’ll be working alongside a team of equally passionate and dedicated people with terrific communication and people skills and a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service. Your duties will be to provide expert maintenance and diagnostic assessments regarding Brompton bicycles. As the Mechanic you will be responsible for growing the reputation and financial targets for the workshop through developing your tech skills, through innovative events and extending the services that we provide.
- Carry out service work - both ‘on the spot’ and booked in repairs.
- Help provide technical support to customers through email, telephone, and face to face.
- Ensure accurate repair records are completed ensuring appropriate invoices are raised.
- Help maintain workshop stock levels and order replacements when needed.
- Provide support to the Sales team on the sales floor.
- Process warranties as needed with the help of Brompton Technical.
- To attend supervision, training, and meetings as and when required.
- High level of knowledge and proven experience with the Brompton Bicycle is essential.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and meticulous detail.
- Be a team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement goals of the department as well as the company.
- Be IT literate, preferably including MS Word and Excel.
- Cytech Level 2 is preferred.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate, and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us