UK Marketing Manager
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 47 countries. In the past 3 years we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores and had our biggest product launch in company history and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To truly deliver on our purpose, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Reporting to the International Marketing Manager, this role has been created to reflect our increased presence and responsibility as we increase our distribution and sales channels in the UK market, and to drive increased visibility and impact within our retailer network.
To meet our growth ambitions, we need to build further awareness, engagement and trial amongst a broader range of prospective customers in the UK. This role will take ownership for developing and executing marketing plans for our most mature market, the UK, in conjunction with sales managers and the global marketing team. This role will be crucial in driving marketing of Brompton Electric, our #1 commercial priority, across key channels, expanding our consumer base and supporting increased distribution.
The role can be office or home-based with regular travel 2-3 days per week to the head office and factory in Greenford, West London. There will be occasional travel required across the region to retail accounts/events as the role requires. The role requires a motivated, experienced, and creative marketing professional to build and execute our marketing plans for the UK market.
Measures of success
- Creation and execution of UK marketing calendar, informed by prospective consumer and performance market insights for the region.
- Achievement of marketing objectives within region (including brand awareness, web traffic, CRM database and delivery of partnership marketing campaigns through Retail network).
- On-time and on-budget delivery of all regional marketing campaigns and activations
- Support delivery of regional sales targets.
UK Marketing Plan – Development and Execution
- In conjunction with International Marketing Manager, UK Sales Manager, and Global Marketing Channel Leads, develop and execute UK marketing calendar through execution of global brand campaigns and the creation of UK marketing campaigns, with retailer network and partners, including Brompton Junction and Brompton Bike Hire.
- Constantly assess and refine the UK marketing plan to ensure achievement of commercial and marketing objectives. Adapt your plan where required to ensure all opportunities are maximized.
- Develop close understanding of the paid media strategy for the UK, working with both paid media agency and ecommerce teams. Review and refine the paid media plan in conjunction with these stakeholders to achieve objectives.
- Identify opportunities and create marketing plan for targeting growth in audiences outside of London.
- Where relevant, work closely with Events team to plan and coordinate events in your region.
- Liaise with third parties as required, such as PR and Media agencies.
Key Retail Partner Marketing
- Develop partnership marketing plans for top UK key accounts including co-created marketing campaigns to drive awareness and sales of Brompton products to key retailer audiences.
- Ensure alignment and usage of Brompton-created content into marketing plans with key retailers.
- Manage all VM and POS requirements for key UK accounts including co-creation, adapting the design and delivery of VM and POS to stores (including negotiating space for store or windows displays in conjunction with sales as required).
- Improve omni-channel customer experience for Brompton at key accounts; Offline, survey key store locations, working with retailers’ marketing teams to increase visibility and premium displays for Brompton; Online, conduct website audits of key retailers, generate recommendation and work with Retailers’ marketing teams to see these improvements implemented to improve brand visibility online.
- Ensure all Brompton product launches are effectively communicated and planned to maximize launch impact with key accounts.
- Attend regular marketing meetings between Brompton and key accounts.
- Monthly reporting to senior management on key account activities and tracking.
- Management of partnership budget, specifically tied to key account performance and ROI.
Trade and Retail Marketing:
- Increase visibility and awareness of Brompton in retailer network across your region.
- Using the framework set out in the Retailer Accreditation Program, work with Retail Marketing team to forecast your visual merchandising needs for UK region.
- Brief in requirements for retail and trade marketing activities (including POS, sales literature, and campaign elements) to Retail Marketing Team.
- Ensure delivery of trade communications, in conjunction with Retail Marketing Team. Work with UK Sales team to ensure relevant communication is sent to market.
- Implement POS and campaigns to market once assets received from Retail Marketing Team.
- Increase visibility and awareness of Brompton in retailer network across your region.
- Work with our UK Sales Team to increase Brompton presence in cycle to work providers channels, especially for the Brompton Electric. Where possible, cross-functionally promote across retail and cycle to work provider networks.
Advocacy and Community:
- Working with PR and Comms teams, uncover opportunities for local advocacy (public affairs) for the UK market. Develop plans and build strong relationships with advocacy partners across the region to support future ‘Campaign for Movement’ and purpose-led initiatives (currently planned for London and Manchester).
- Develop a UK community events plan via Brompton Junction and Retailers. Work with Events team to ensure usage of events toolkits and materials are on-brand and delivered in line with Brompton guidelines.
- Work to increase engagement with local Brompton communities across UK. Develop initiatives to drive Database acquisition through your community marketing and events plans.
- Work closely with Brompton Bike Hire team to uncover cross-functional advocacy and community marketing opportunities to drive conversion from hire to owner.
- Track performance of advocacy and community initiatives within monthly and quarterly reporting.
- Budget Management: responsible for regional marketing budget for UK.
- Reporting: responsible for monthly, and comprehensive quarterly reporting on regional marketing activities. This role will be required to present and report to senior managers on a regular basis. An analytical approach to uncover insights from KPIs is essential.
- Where necessary, this role will require travel across the region to support marketing activities, events and gather local insights through Retailer channels and in conjunction with Sales team.
- Strong marketing experience, with at least 5 years’ demonstrated ability of managing marketing plans
- Significant experience in retail marketing
- Proven experience of managing omni-channel joint business plans or partnership marketing with national/multi-site Retailers
- Marketing or Business degree, or equivalent level of qualification
- Fluent in English
- Proven experience building and managing significant marketing plans, projects and budgets
- Strong reporting and analytical skills to be able to uncover insights from data, and use this to inform decision-making
- Knowledge of Paid Media and digital marketing ideally gained through working alongside e-commerce teams
- Desired experience working within cycling, sports or outdoor industry
Personal attributes and skills:
- Commercially minded with a strategic approach to prioritization.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at once.
- Autonomous and proven self-starter.
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-moving and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to influence and persuade others, and work within large global marketing team.
- Enjoys cycling or passionate about cycling as a transport solution
- Culturally aware and able to interface well with internal and external stakeholders from various regions.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.