Brompton has ambitious plans for growth over the next 5 years and a key part of this is the introduction of multiple new-to-market products and the relentless refinement of existing products and processes. As part of the Reliability team within the R&D department you will play a vital role in the product development process by operating the equipment of an expanding test facility.
- Take a very hands-on approach in the day-to-day tending of tests and execution of established test methods whilst maintaining a critical eye on all aspects of the test.
- Collate, process, and analyse test data to produce concise and coherent test reports.
- Proofread teammates’ test reports.
- Contribute to design of novel test methods with consideration of functional and technical specifications, test fairness and repeatability.
- Implement and run a test machine maintenance and calibration function.
Skills and Experience
- Has experience in a technical or laboratory environment.
- Has a high level of spoken and written technical English.
- Is tirelessly perceptive and critical of all aspects of a task or process.
- Is accustomed to keeping thorough, archivable notes.
- Is comfortable with manual labour, standing for extended periods and regularly lifting up to 25kgs.
- Is flexible and adaptable with the hunger and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Is able to work independently and manage your own time on multiple concurrently running tasks.
- Has a sound knowledge of bicycle construction.
- Is familiar with MS Excel and data tabulation, ideally also having knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools.
- Understands the major manufacturing processes and materials.
- Has some understanding of electronics, pneumatic systems and motors.
- Can write basic Arduino code.
- Can safety use workshop machines including manual lathe.