Brompton has ambitious plans for growth over the next 5 years and a key part of this is the introduction of multiple new-to-market products and the relentless refinement of existing products and processes. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Brompton products continue to deliver the required levels of robustness and performance by defining and performing tests throughout the product development and verification phases.
- Physically perform product testing by meticulously following established test methods.
- Produce concise and coherent test reports.
- Employ a scientific methodology to design novel test methods with consideration of functional and technical specifications, test fairness and repeatability.
- Project control
- Through the management of the DVP (design verification plan), schedule and prioritise testing to build the evidence demonstrating achievement of regulatory and company specific requirements as the product design matures.
- Liaise with external test houses for conformance testing and track project testing costs.
- Support Design Engineer colleagues in the design refinement process by offering insight into failure as well as presenting considered recommendations for remedy.
- Participate in DFMEA (design failure mode effect analysis), primarily representing durability and safety standpoints.
Skills and Experience
- Engineering or science degree qualified.
- 3+ years’ experience in a mechanical product manufacture and/or development environment.
- Thorough knowledge of bicycle mechanics and enjoys riding!
- Tirelessly perceptive and critical of all aspects of a design or process.
- Sound understanding of failure mechanisms of metals, composites and plastics, and the major manufacturing processes associated with these materials.
- DVP creation and ownership.
- Accustomed to keeping thorough, archivable notes when designing and conducting tests.
- Very high level of spoken and written technical English.
- Proficient in MS Excel, data analysis and data presentation tools.
- Proven ability to work independently and manage your own time on multiple concurrently running projects.
- Comfortable with manual labour, standing for extended periods and regularly lifting up to 20 kgs.
- DFMEA leadership.
- Knowledge of NDT techniques.