Supply Chain Development Manager
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world we produced over 60,000 bikes last year and have ambitious growth plans for the coming years. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Be based in Taiwan and represent Brompton Supply Chain on the ground in Taiwan, working alongside HQ Supply chain and a Taiwanese based Suppler Quality Engineer.
- You will work to ensure Brompton has continuity of supply of quality product from its Taiwan based suppliers to meet its dramatically increasing demand.
- You will problem solve and rectify any in region supplier issues.
- You will work with quality representatives to develop and improve suppliers to meet Brompton quality standards.
- You will investigate, audit and onboard new suppliers in region.
Skills and experiences
- Experience and knowledge of bike industry, preferably already working in it
- Expert negotiation and influencing skills essential
- Knowledge of business development and supplier selection
- Auditing capabilities in line with ISO 9001
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Be able to work remotely and your own initiative
- Produce RFQ’s based on BBL requirements
- Provide monthly reports on project and business development
- Engineering background would be desirable
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes
- An awareness of Health and Safety law and best practices
- Knowledge of new product introduction
- Be able to assess and recommend actions on new supplier onboarding
- Produce and review KPIs on monthly basis
- Mandarin speaker
- Applicant must be able to travel to mainland China with no restrictions
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills
Candidates must be able to speak Mardarin/English