Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Brompton Junction is our retail brand flagship in key strategic cities around the world. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments, and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience. We ensure that Brompton Junction is a great place to shop, spend time and be a part of.
Currently our retail network is embarking on an exciting global expansion plan and we are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join our team. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience.
As we open the first Brompton Junction Flagship store location in Shanghai you will deliver the objectives for growth and development through a best-in-class customer experience within a flagship store environment. Accountable for all store results and operations you will have the drive to succeed and do so by creating a positive and innovative in-store atmosphere; leading by example to bring the brand customer journey to life.
With a focus on learning and development across the full team you will utilize the review process to identify individual strengths within the team, building expertise, developing clearly defined roles and responsibilities to allow you to oversee the full store operation, identify areas for improvement and exceed goals. You will ensure clear communication mechanisms are in place to cascade all relevant information throughout the team and to act on company directives promptly.
You will place an importance on maintaining a high level of product knowledge within the team through regular team training sessions and bringing to life Brompton Academy modules to exceed customer expectations as measured through the store net promoter score. You will oversee the end-to-end recruitment process supported by the People team and ensure all new-starters receive a thorough on-boarding experience including probationary reviews.
Strong commercial acumen is essential to the role to understand and influence KPI results. Developing relevant commercial understandings appropriate to each role to ensure each team member has a clear knowledge of store KPIs and how they contribute to exceeding them is required. The successful candidate will have the ability to analyse sales data to complete weekly and monthly reports using this information to formulate actions to positively impact trade. Identifying sales trends, recognising areas of opportunity and risk you will use this information to accurately complete stock forecasts, adjusting your orders and store layout in-line with sales trends and ensuring regular replenishment of stock to optimize stock levels in store. You will come to these decisions in a logical and systematic manner and clearly articulate your analysis to give concise insights into store performance during trade calls and HO store visits.
You will work within the systems, procedures, rules, objectives, and timescales set by the brand and take a disciplined approach when undertaking tasks ensuring store compliancy via brand standard operating procedures. Accountable for the store stock loss result you will plan and execute monthly stock counts ensuring accuracy and ensuring the team adopt measures to minimise stock loss.
With a proactive nature you will recognise local development opportunities and implement initiatives with the support of your territory Sales Representative. You will be responsible for planning the monthly store event calendar including social media campaigns and posts, ride outs, in-store events and maintenance classes.
• Lead by example and develop all team members to offer best in class customer experience.
• Maintain in-store expertise of Brompton products and brand communications.
• Build brand advocacy through community events to retain customer loyalty.
• Maintain a store environment in line with brand expectations including VM, housekeeping and team grooming standards.
• Promote the store through Brompton social platforms to communicate key brand messages customer engagement and advocacy.
• Motivate the team advocacy to deliver great performance through individual and team coaching, recognizing and rewarding success.
• Take ownership for the in-store recruitment and induction process for new starters.
• Identify individual training needs and ensure all members of the team are trained to a consistent level in both customer service and store operations.
• Ensure that you always take care of yours and others health and safety, complying with legal obligations and ensure that all employees are thoroughly trained in the H&S procedures.
• Empower team to respond to customer complaints in a professional manner, attempting to resolve in store and escalating to head office if appropriate.
Reporting and business development
• Report on performance as required.
• Seek and develop knowledge about competitor activity in the local area, communicating this to relevant departments in Brompton, and identifying opportunities to promote the store.
• Accountability for P&L performance and identify opportunities to improve store profitability.
• Identify and own solutions for risks or improvement opportunities to the store or the wider business.
• Communicate any people, operational, commercial issues to Country Manager and the Global Retail Operations Assistant as appropriate.
• Manager all aspects of store security in accordance with company policy and procedure including staff, cash, stock, IT, Software and buildings.
• Manage stock levels through effective ordering and maximize availability by liaising with logistics and sales operations.
• Optimize conversion through effective merchandising and presentation of the store ensuring all HO directives are followed.
• Ensure stock counts are carried out accurately as requested by liaising with Junction Operations and Finance departments
• Ensure all till and stock management operations are carried out to correctly to ensure stock and cash accuracy.
From time to time, you may be required to carry out additional duties that fit within your strengths.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a global branded retail environment in a management role
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Driven by commercial success
• A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Ability to coach and give feedback effectively
• Assertive, confident communication and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders
• Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them
• Able to coach and give feedback effectively
• Ability to adapt to frequent change with flexible approach to achieve goals and tasks; demonstrates initiatives for continuous business improvement
• A strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly
• Previous experience in business reporting
• Passionate about the Brompton brand and customer experience
• Passionate about learning and encouraging others to succeed
• Warm, friendly and engaging personality
• Outstanding professionalism
• Outstanding loyalty and commitment to the business
• Tale responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
• Competence in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
• Fluent in English