Senior Sales Assistant
United Kingdom, LondonJunction
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
To ensure that Brompton delivers a first-class sales support service to the stores customers. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver world class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the world. Supporting the Management team in the day to day running of the business.
The right candidate will join us at a critical moment in the company’s history. As our business continues to grow and our reach widen, our customers’ experience dealing with us is more important than ever. As part of a busy team, you will be a principal figure in our customers’ service team, handling enquiries and managing orders and deliveries.
As such, you will be able to demonstrate an astute understanding of - and a passionate belief in - exemplary customer service. The Sales Assistant role at Brompton Junction is for someone who is keen to learn the full breadth of our company’s activities and products, and who is excited by the potential of a long-term commitment to this fast-growing British success story.
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping to the company’s desired standard, both on and off the shop floor
- Operating the till and accurately handling cash, finance and credit/debit cards
- Opening and closing the store ensuring procedures are followed correctly in the absence of Management Team
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking and re-shelving or storing stock
- Assisting with regular stock checks and annual stock takes
- Being vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
- Respond to general customer enquiries received by phone or email
- Adhere to the current shop standards of presentation for dress
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively carried out and adhered to
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of the brand and its history.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in retail
- Astute understanding of - and a passionate belief in - exemplary customer service
- First class written and verbal communication in English
- A good grasp of a second language will be viewed favourably
- Experience with a POS system and Microsoft Office
- Confident and diplomatic; a team member who can liaise with a range of stakeholders
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- A broad understanding of today’s bicycle industry and Brompton’s place in it
- Personable and engaging, both internally and as an ambassador for Brompton Bicycle to the general public
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Flexible Working, Workplace Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…..
- Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Birthday Breakfast, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching