Senior Industrial Designer
We want you to get under the skin of the product, what it does and the broader aims of the Brompton company.
Help challenge the status quo and use your creativity and technical knowledge to make advances in our products that are of real value to our customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct initial user and design research to help focus direction of product management team in the specification of new products and projects in our range.
- Ethnographic research
- Journey mapping
- Personal development
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Work with the design team to establish and maintain a consistent visual language across product lines.
- Conduct workshops with the design team:
- Initial brainstorming and concept development
- Concept selection
- Usability evaluation
- Support the design team when required in ‘A’ surface design of parts, be that in creation or guidance.
- Create material and present to the wider team and department directors to illustrate concept development and allow for rapid decision making.
- Throughout your role you will mainly liaise with:
- Product management, establishing and agreeing project direction
- Design, following concepts through to design release ensuring adherence to visual quality
- Senior management team to relay project direction at key milestone reviews.
- An excellent portfolio demonstrating a high level of attention to aesthetic detail
- Solid theoretical and practical experience in qualitative research techniques.
- High level of CAD proficiency in both solid and surface modelling - Preferably SolidWorks
- High level of rendering and presentation skills/understanding – Preferably Keyshot
- High level of photoshop and illustrator ability.
- Excellent sketching and in-meeting communication
- High level of sketch modelling and 3D prototyping (hand skills)
- Experience and appreciation for designing for metals highly desirable.
- Demonstratable experience in designing for complex mechanical products highly desirable.
- Experience with design for integration of electronic products highly desirable
- Demonstratable experience in UX design for products desirable
- Experience in design of on product graphics and user instruction illustration desirable.
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Industrial design.
A minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience.