Senior Finance Analyst - Projects
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high-quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive, we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 100,000 bikes this year; though we believe we’re just getting started. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
You will be responsible for the build and maintenance of the financial appraisal and reporting system for all projects, providing and developing periodic reporting, budgeting and forecasting of their financial performance and evolve current ways of working to improve the financial processes of the business ensuring they are aligned with the changing environment. You will be responsible for:
- Business partner with senior management team, building up strong working relationships.
- Lead budget owners through business case approval requests for new projects including ROI benchmarking.
- Embed continuous improvement into decision making, project evaluation and planning processes.
- Manage the production of project financial reporting on a timely and accurate basis to enable insightful commentary and meaningful period end review meetings with budget holders and program managers.
- Lead the development of reports and analysis to give insight into project costs by key drivers.
- Proactively support budget owners on identifying risks and opportunities, phasing of costs, procurement processes and accounting rules.
- Support budget owners through budgeting and forecasting cycles, owning financial models and ensuring key assumptions and variances are reasonable and explained.
- Ensure KPI setting and tracking requirements are met for projects.
- Co-ordination of reporting and budgets/forecasts across team and improvements to management accounts reporting.
- Provide ad-hoc support on M&A due diligence.
- Support ad hoc requests for analysis and information from your Manager, Head of Finance, Directors and their direct reports.
- Maintain and enhance financial controls ensuring accuracy and robustness of reporting and budgeting processes.
Brompton is currently and will continue to invest in the business and the role will oversee significant project reporting on medium to large size projects overseeing new product development and strategic development within our manufacturing site. Critically this Financial Analyst will need to build excellent relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure the successful outcome of commercial projects, strategic planning and business evaluation. This will involve sophisticated stakeholder management, excellent financial modelling and evaluation skills and the confidence to work alongside and influence multiple stakeholder groups.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Financially orientated - ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record are essential
- Must demonstrate experience as financial lead on large strategic project
- M&A experience preferable
- Solid experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in supporting finance and non-finance teams is essential
- Advanced Financial modelling capabilities
- Driven with highly developed stakeholder management skills
- Engaging approach to team work
- Experience of mainstream accounting packages
- Highly computer literate with highly developed excel skills.