Sales Assistant - Covent Garden London
United Kingdom, England, LondonJunction
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Brompton Junction is our retail brand flagship in key strategic cities around the world. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience. We ensure that Brompton Junction is a great place to shop, spend time and be a part of.
Currently our retail network is embarking on an exciting global expansion plan and we are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join our team.
The primary role of this position to act as a brand ambassador for all customers visiting the store environment, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction. You will guide all customers through the brand customer journey to ensure a best-in-class experience. Motivated by success you will be required to understand store performance and KPIs and positively contribute to these through your personal performance. You will be required to stay up to date with the latest brand information and product knowledge by completing relevant Brompton Academy modules.
You should work well within a team, supporting your colleagues and managers always. You will be responsible for ensuring accuracy when completing in-store processes such as payment handling and delivery processing. Contributing to the high visual standards in store you will be expected to support with maintaining replenishment, housekeeping and personal grooming standards as referenced in the brand policies.
The successful candidate fulfilling this role should have the ability to negotiate and advise others in a specialist/technical area of expertise. They should do so in a way that leads to a high level of customer satisfaction. The person should be able to create and maintain goodwill and take a thorough, systematic, and logical approach to situations. The ability to communicate and the persistence to see a job through to conclusion are important aspects of this role. Meeting people with ease should come naturally to the right candidate.
They should apply a systematic and logical approach in order to get things right always working to a high standard to improve and maintain quality. The right candidate should value their personal development and seek opportunities for continuous personal improvement to deliver results to the required standard within agreed timescales.
The person fulfilling the role should be confident, enthusiastic, approachable, accommodating, and unassuming. Being non-confrontational and adopting a passive and non-demanding working ethic will be required. The person should enjoy working within a structured environment and avoid confrontation.
With an active nature you will be someone who has an adventurous and explorative approach to life; ideally with an interest in cycling you will adopt a Brompton into your life with ease. Living the brand you will act with authenticity as a brand ambassador.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador
- Ensure consistent customer journey delivered for all customers
- Awareness of store performance and KPIs and make a positive contribution towards achieving these
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping to the company’s desired standard, both on and off the shop floor.
- Operating the till and accurately handling cash, finance, and credit/debit cards
- Assist in changing displays of shop stock
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking and re-shelving or storing stock
- Assisting with regular stock checks and annual stock takes
- Being vigilant at all times and to help minimise stock loss
- Respond to general customer enquiries received by phone or email
- Adhere to the grooming policy
- Ensure all Health & Safety procedures are effectively carried out and adhered to
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
- Good knowledge of the brand and its history.
- Previous retail experience within a global sport, activewear brand is preferable.
- Astute understanding of - and a passionate belief in - exemplary customer service.
- A good grasp of a second language will be viewed favourably.
- Experience with a POS system and Microsoft Office.
- Confident and diplomatic; a team member who can liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values.
- A broad understanding of today’s bicycle industry and Brompton’s place in it.
- Personable and engaging, both internally and as an ambassador for Brompton Bicycle to the general public.
Skills and Attributes
Influence (High I)
- Good verbal communication and the effective use of persuasion are essential for the role
- Self-motivation will be key to successfully achieve goals and objectives set for this role
- The ability to form friendly and trusting relationships is be also essential.
Steadiness (High S)
- The role does not require the need to take unpopular decisions. Patience, persistence, and consistency will be at a distinct advantage to be successful in the role.
- The ideal candidate for the role will also be dependable and deliberate by nature.
- Customer service skills will be essential to succeed in this role.
- Reliability, a calm and amiable disposition will be well suited to the role.
Compliance (High C)
- The successful candidate will be thorough, disciplined, and detailed, as following process may be also required.
- A detail approach to the completion of tasks and the ability to comply with clearly defined rules and policies will be critical to be successful in this role.
Dominance (Low D)
- Critical decision making will not be required in this job.
- Drive and competitiveness will not be required, as the role is best suited to those who naturally display a mild-mannered approach.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- Generous holiday allowance