Sales Assistant (Amsterdam) - Dutch Speaker
Job title Sales Assistant
Department Brompton Junction Amsterdam
Reporting to Store Manager
Hours 40 per week – please note the store operates from 10:00 to 18:00 Tuesday – Friday and 12:00 to 18:00 on Sunday and Monday - you will need to work flexibly by agreement, to ensure that these hours are covered.
Uniform The Company wishes to portray a corporate and professional business image to its clients and customers. It also wants to ensure that clothing is compatible with safe moving and handling practices, reducing the risk of injury. To this end you will be supplied with company shirts that you will be required to wear.
Place of work The role is based at the Brompton Junction Amsterdam Store – 14-H Reestraat, 1016 DN, Amsterdam.
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 44 countries. We have gone through various phases of life, including more recently a brand-new factory, and we are now entering a period of ambitious growth and investment.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We all ride our Brompton and we are proud of them. The Brompton makes our day fun and our commute an enjoyable adventure through the city.
As our business continues to grow and our reach widen, our customers’ experience dealing with us is more important than ever. As part of a busy team in our flagship store, you will be a principal figure in delivering the Brompton Customer Experience and contributing to enhance brand awareness and customer satisfaction.
Customer Service: delivering the highest standard of Brompton customer experience. Driving sales and keeping up to date with product knowledge. Representing the brand and its values and mission of changing how people live in cities. You may be required to support the workshop function delivery for which training will be provided. Respond to general customer enquiries received by phone or email.
- Health & Safety: Always ensure health and safety of you and other members of staff, complying with legal obligations and ensure that all employees are thoroughly trained in the H&S procedures.
Store management: Ensure that in-store stock levels are maintained at all times, that in-store cash and payment systems are correctly processed. Assisting with the day to day running of the store, ensuring the highest standards of housekeeping, cleanliness and merchandising are upheld. Maintaining the security of the store premises, stock and all store cash and other payments. Receiving deliveries, unpacking and re-shelving or storing stock. You will be required to lift and move boxes and bicycles, as well as at times, ride bikes.
Brand promotion: assisting with the advertisement and delivering of promotional activities and special events. Assist with the implementation of shop merchandising and product layout, following high standards and brand guidelines.
- To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer-facing role, preferably for a life-style retailer or technical product brand
- Astute understanding of - and a passionate belief in - exemplary customer service
- First class written and verbal communication in English, Dutch is a plus
- Experience with a POS system and Microsoft Office
- A team player who can liaise with all levels of stakeholders
Brompton utilises Personal Profile Analysis and Psychometric Assessment during the recruitment process. This allows to identify the ideal behavioural requirements for each job function in terms of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. The ideal behavioural profile for this role is set out below:
Influence (High I)
- Social activities and community responsibilities external to the organisation will sometimes be required of the successful candidate.
- Candidates who exude natural self-confidence will be actively sought after.
- The ability to make favourable impressions on others will be an important attribute.
Dominance (High D)
- The ability to solve problems and implement appropriate remedial measures would benefit the incumbent.
- An assertive, but not an aggressive, style could be a requirement of this post.
- Reacting quickly to change will be viewed in a positive light.
Compliance (Low C)
- Strong-willed and independent candidates will comply with a number of important components of this role.
- Firm, even, at times, unconventional independence, will be a requirement of this position.
Steadiness (Low S)
- Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things will be welcomed in this role.
- Mobility and alertness will be required of incumbents who intend to perform satisfactorily in this position.
- People with a clearly goal-directed restlessness will qualify for short-listing in this position.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events.
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us.