Retail and Consumer Training Co-ordinator– German or two other EU Languages
Job title: Retail and Consumer Training Co-ordinator– German or two other EU Languages
Responsible to: eLearning Manager
Location: Greenford, London; with the option to work from home under agreement (or based remotely in mainland Europe), with occasional remote working or weekend work expected
About the Company
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 45 countries. In the past 5 years we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores, and had our biggest product launch in company history, and we are not stopping there.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative, and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
The eLearning department provides eLearning content to pro-actively reduce the workflow to the rest of customer service team. To do this it carries out 3 main functions:
- It provides external training to B2B retailers via an eLearning platform powered by Docebo, and via 1:1 eTraining and Webinars covering Brompton’s full range of bikes, products, and accessories.
- It provides educational ‘how to’ videos to B2C customers via Brompton.com.
- The team offers system expertise across the eLearning platform to support, internal, factory and Brompton Junction learning.
The role and main duties
We aim to provide the best learning journeys for both B2B retailers and the end B2C customer, and this role focuses on providing the 1:1 eTraining and Webinars via our video communication software and driving registration to the B2B eLearning platform.
Your role would be to deliver first-class training online to our European dealers and consumers (through webinars via our eLearning portal and occasionally face to face) for our domestic and international dealers and distributors. The role requires a high degree of organisation and a ‘can do’ attitude so that you deliver a high level of training for our B2B customers, that aligns with our accreditation scheme and wider business objectives. This is a full-time position based in Greenford, London (or based remotely in mainland Europe), with occasional remote working or weekend work expected.
To support the departments functions, you will be expected to:
- To deliver both reactionary and planned training to our dealers. You will have to deliver at least 5 x 1 hour training sessions a day.
- Deliver 1:1 training and mass participation webinars online for all our trade customers.
- Contact stores to support and identify their training requirements.
- Own the registration process on the training portal and make sure that 95% of our retailers can access the training while actively supporting our dealers to complete the appropriate courses on our eLearning platform.
- Help with the upkeep of the B2B registration data
- You will be responsible for training our Gold level dealers at least 3 times a year and our Silver level dealers at least twice per year.
- Support and co-manage the training calendar, ensuring it aligns with new product launches and the opening of new markets.
- Take the lead in organising any in person training where deemed necessary. NB: This may require some travel
- Make sure that training reflects Brompton’s accreditation criteria accurately and operates within the bounds of competition law.
- Co-ordinate translations of all training and accreditation materials.
- Create all training materials and courses for your eTraining sessions in coordination with Subject Matter Experts
- Co-manage all training communications for our trade customers.
- Assist distributors in implementing their training.
- Drive forward B2C learning webinars in Europe.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings, factory training sessions, dealer conferences the Brompton World Championship, industry shows and external events as and where necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Technical background – preferably with bike mechanic skills and Cytech Level 2 mechanic qualified
- Fluent in German (preferred) or 2 other European languages as well as English.
- Outgoing and a proactive can-do attitude.
- Confident phone manner and experience phoning out to get results.
- Experience delivering face-to-face training and online webinars
- Able to deliver presentations on sensitive or complex subjects and adapt to different audiences.
- Advanced sales and objection handling.
- Top-class written and communication skills; eloquent, empathetic and audience appropriate.
- Exemplary customer service and relationship skills. Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills. Ability to work quickly and efficiently within expected timeframes.
- Experienced with Zendesk Sell (CRM) or similar
- Experience with a back-office system of a website or similar.
- IT literate with exceptional Powerpoint skills
- IT savvy and able to use and adopt to new technology.
- A self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards.
- Retail experience
- An understanding of Brompton's ethos and how this has shaped its brand values.
- Able to work remotely - access to reliable internet connection required.
- Able to work some weekends, early morning, or evenings.
- Awareness of Health and Safety standards; along with an understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace.
- Company Brompton to visit dealers and a huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you're early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few.
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
Brompton offers you an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.