London, England, United KingdomQuality
The Brompton bike was first designed by Andrew Ritchie in 1975 opposite the Brompton Oratory in South Kensington, hence the name. Since then, production has remained in London, and we’re now producing over 90,000 bikes a year, and recently just hit a huge milestone and sold our 1 millionth bike!
Brompton is the largest independent British bicycle manufacturer with a team of over 800 talented people, and we’re constantly growing. We specialise in designing and manufacturing high-quality folding bicycles for the urban market, and pride ourselves on building a genuinely sustainable and accountable business.
We are on a mission to transform urban living, and because of this are looking for talented and passionate people who want to make a difference.
You will in this role ensure that Brompton processes are developed, realised, and verified in line with the design intent and voice of the customer for the production. Working as part of the Internal Quality team managing and improving Parts, Production and Product Quality to support the Brompton Connected Quality vision. Working in a dynamic team environment with internal suppliers/customers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Drive Root Cause Analysis and provide robust and permanent corrective actions to prevent line stops due to Quality Issues.
You will be key in managing the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to internal functions. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintaining the robustness of product builds following new product introduction to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability.
You will be:
- Lead Quick Response Quality Circles (QRQC) and daily problem solving. Deploying a First Piece Pass Off Process (FPPO).
- Apart of the process of developing Brompton’s Quality Standards.
- Leading the material review Board and ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring that the root causes are clearly defined and that corrective actions are put in place and accomplished.
- Investigating and completing Root Cause Analysis – leading Brompton’s A3 and 8D processes.
- Corrective and preventive action, leading cross functional corrective action and continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programs. Promoting the use of preferred techniques for continuous improvements such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poke-Yoke, measurement systems analysis, process failure mode and effects analysis (PFMEA).
- Leading the Brompton approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks.
- Taking ownership of Business Management System documentation, maintaining and improving documentation to support the process.
- Working with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure Process Capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients.
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends.
You will need:
- At least 4 - 5 years’ experience in a similar Quality role, ideally in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience of statistical process control.
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Understanding of good health and safety practises.
- Ability to work well within a team, and in a diverse and dynamic environment. Ability to plan and prioritise work load effectively and present data to internal and external stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of advanced product quality planning, production part approval process, failure mode and effect analysis.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge, and experience of measurement techniques (including hand equipment and CMM). This role will operate the metrology system.
Ideal experience/qualifications, but not deal breakers:
- Degree in HNC or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Internal Auditor experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt qualification or higher.
You might not tick all the boxes, and that’s okay, we still encourage you to apply. Here at Brompton we are always looking for people that share the same values and attitudes as we do, as we continue to build diverse teams and a sense of community which is made stronger by each new individual who joins.
Benefits at Brompton :
Brompton offers you an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along, communicate and co-operate well with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle Ltd; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Flexible working – Hybrid working, a choice of flexible working hours and the option to opt into a 9-day working fortnight (i.e. every second Friday off).
- Annual Leave – 25 days annual leave, plus all UK bank holidays.
- Competitive Salary – Plus workplace pension scheme and profit share bonus.
- Brompton Discount - Get ready to bike in style, as all employee’s receive up to 60% off their very own bike and accessories, plus there are discounts for your friends and family too.
- Social activities - Throughout the year enjoy time with your colleagues as we host an annual Summer and Christmas party, annual bike rides (both inside and outside the UK), Birthday breakfast, volunteering activities and family fun days just to name a few.
- Learning and Development - Access to free Linkedin Learning and opportunity to devote some of your time at work to personal development. We value professional development and actively promote internal promotions and opportunities.
- Benefits - Workplace Pension Scheme, Care and Health Support, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other benefits.
- Mental Health – We provide access to a confidential EAP that offers counselling, resources and support for various mental health challenges. There’s also Head Space, Brompton’s approved wellness program for employees.
- Paid Leave – We offer an enhanced Family, Paternity and Maternity leave pay.