United Kingdom, LondonQuality
Ensure that Brompton processes are developed, realised, and verified in-line with the design intent and voice of the customer for the production. Work as part of the Internal Quality team managing and improving Parts, Production and Product Quality to support the Brompton Connected Quality vision. Work in a dynamic team environment with internal suppliers/customers to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste and provide for continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements. Drive Root Cause Analysis and provide robust and permanent corrective factions to prevent line stops due to Quality Issues.
Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to internal functions. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise Customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain the robustness of product builds following New Product Introduction to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability.
Work on multiple phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of high complexity, with results impacting on project completion. Work reviewed at Project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
- NCM (Non-Conforming material) Management - leading the Material Review Board (MRB). Ensure proper handling of non-conformities and customer complaints, assuring that the root causes are clearly defined and that corrective actions are put in place and accomplished, and that necessary documentation is properly prepared and distributed. This includes managing and operating the concession/NCR process.
- Investigation and Root Cause Analysis – Lead Brompton A3 and 8D processes.
- Corrective and Preventive action (CAPA) – Lead cross-functional corrective action and/or continuous improvement teams in significant quality activities or programs. Perform in-process verification of Corrective Actions & Preventative Actions of Quality Issues. Promote the use of preferred techniques for Continuous Improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poke-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Development of the Brompton Quality Standards
- Lead the Brompton approval process by assessing manufacturing/technology capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks – Plan, conduct and report internal audits as per the audit plan (ISO 9001, 45000, 14001). Manage findings in line with a 24-hour containment, 5-day corrective and 30-day preventive plan.
- Control of Documented Information – take ownership of Business Management System documentation, maintaining and improving documentation to support the process.
- Support Implementation of Brompton integrated management system (ISO 9001, 45000, 14001)
- Deploy significant quality expertise to provide tangible benefit to the organisation (product cost, quality,
- metrics etc.) Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to Process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
- Support the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process. Provide concise, complete and accurate documentation of Inspection Results relative to area of responsibility. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by Regulations, engineering product specifications or Control Plans, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) approval or Part Submission Warrant.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure Process Capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Facilitate the escalation of unresolved quality issues within assigned projects and processes
- Support the Customer Quality Manager to monitor and report on product Quality and performance
- Deliver training of quality awareness internally
- Assist with first off sample approvals
- Undertake special projects as required
- Write reports and present progress at project meetings and to clients
- Achieve goals within budget
- Conduct benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs and future trends
- Produce written reports and provide presentations where necessary
- Communicate efficiently throughout the supplier management
- Calibration – knowledge and experience managing a calibration/verification program
Skills and Requirements
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Knowledge of measurement techniques (Including hand equipment and CMM)
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings (GD&T)
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritising activities
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present data effectively
- Problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Health and Safety practices
- Team working skills
- Strong understanding of cost and financial impacts
Quality Skillset & Behaviours
- Degree preferred, HNC or equivalent experience in similar role
- Substantial experience in a volume manufacturing environment,
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Quality role
- Internal Auditor preferred
- Green belt or higher preferred
- APQP/PPAP Experience required