Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 47 countries. In the past 3 years we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores and had our biggest product launch in company history and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To truly deliver on our purpose, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Required to report on the material status, material flows, component costs and project spend in development projects, help control the project milestones and support in the preparation of project milestone review documents.
The focus is on achieving project milestones and targets, as defined in Brompton’s product development process.
An independent and self-directed individual is required to report on material availability for prototype builds according to project schedules, escalating any issues to the project manager.
Projects will vary from small accessories to major entire bike developments, working with internal Brompton teams. This role demands a wide perspective on what it takes to deliver successful products to market.
- Manage the materials need for R&D samples, pre-production and factory builds, version change verifications of assigned project(s) according to project schedule, budget, and other business targets.
- Active participation and contribution in build meetings including analysing project material needs and proposing alternative solutions for materials gaps.
- Facilitate information flows between supply chain, design, production and planning.
- Raising purchase order requisitions for prototypes and tooling.
- Manage the project pre-production physical stock to ensure cost efficient use of material.
- Provide carryover data to planning team for ramp up and ramp down forecasting.
- Materials activity progress reporting, follow up, risk analysis and corrective actions.
- Maintenance of project cost models and reporting of cost trends.
- Identification of project specific materials related risks.
- Support the Sourcing Manager and Project Manager in project budgeting and collating estimates.
- Working with the design team and breaking down bills of materials for the sourcing team.
- Co-ordinate with departments to support the setup and update of material information into the MRP system.
- Ensure material information is consistent between approved CAD data and ERP data prior to instructing sourcing team to purchase parts.
- Maintain accurate records of change requests and change notes and service levels of approval.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to maintain BoM integrity in ERP including live job orders.
- Contribute to the completion of milestone documentation required for project reviews.
- Preparation and completion of project handover document to continuous improvement and operations team.
Skills and Experience
- 2 – 3 years commercial experience in a materials management / sourcing environment, ideally in a engineering manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of supply chain management best practices.
- Ability to balance business needs, work priorities and project issues.
- Good planning, organising, prioritisation skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Pro-active approach.
- Ability to work with different functions across the business and network builder.
- Methodical process driven approach to work.
- Hands-on attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Experienced user of Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Experienced in Infor CSI or another ERP/MRP system.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate, and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international, and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you are early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few….
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching