As Brompton grows, we need to continue to provide fantastic leadership to our teams, to this end the role of Production Lead has been developed to support Manufacturing Managers, where they are responsible for running large labour population and delivering quality products on time.
The purpose of this role is to ensure team leaders have ready access to support and guidance, along with the manufacturing manager having a small and well-connected communication group (include embedded support from QDC functions). This provides a single point of focus for all labour resource, planning, training development etc within the specified department.
You will report to the Manufacturing Manager who will support and develop your leadership & management skills. It is also expected that you will assist the professional development of individual team members.
You are part of the Manufacturing team and will work closely with the other manufacturing and support departments, to deliver the production growth targets whilst improving quality and optimising cost. You will invest time with the department’s functional representatives from engineering, quality and planning to maximize impact and effectiveness of the integrated factory team.
- To promote and improve Health & Safety and ensure team compliance with company procedures
- Support investigations into accidents, near misses and hazards to provide a safe working environment for our team and visitors
- Support and deliver continuous improvement to the department
- Reduce rejected and scrapped items
- Responsible for daily and weekly, monthly production performance
- Manage direct labour within the department.
- Define skill requirements and develop training plans to maintain target skills coverage
- Own resourcing plans to ensure department labour is at required volume
- Carry out period appraisals with team leader
- Champion an open and constructive communication culture
- Work with embedded support teams to manage production escalations
- Responsible for clock card administration and absence management including return to work interviews.
- Work with Production Activity Controller to investigate Inventory discrepancies
- Coordinate and resource Weekly perpetual and quarterly stock taking activities
- Highlight barriers to achieving targets, machine or tooling breakdown, part supply, absenteeism
- Positive attitude with high levels of tenacity and determination to fix problems and guide projects through to implementation
- Strong mechanical acumen
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and leadership qualities
- Leadership or managerial experience
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Be able to communicate ideas and instructions in detail to others in a clear and understandable manner.
- Organised self-starter, planning and prioritising as necessary
- Manufacturing / powder coating experience preferred but not essential
Brompton offers you an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching