Job title: People Manager
Responsible to: Head of People
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore, with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can change the way people live in cities. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. To continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. This is an exciting time to join the People team as we embark supporting the business on ambitious growth plans in Europe and beyond. You will be responsible for supporting the global People Team agenda across our Manufacturing, Retail and Support Services functions; ensuring we provide great customer service whilst remaining compliant, creative and driving engagement.
This role would suit an ambitious and diligent professional who is both resilient and results orientated. They will have concern for the consequences of action and alertness to quality and standards may well be key aspects in this job. The position could involve a variety of activities in which emphasis is placed upon achieving results through a logical and factual manner.
Standard operating procedures, challenging assignments and the adherence to rules and procedure are integral to the function. Ideally the person who is best suited to the role will be operationally focussed with a good understanding of the business model and financial management. They should be adept at managing in the grey and be happy in an environment where the focus is constantly changing.
Employee Relations & Employment Law
- Act as first point of contact for colleagues for all UK and EMEA, ER issues across the business
- Provide Senior Line Managers with expert ER advice and guidance, ensuring the advice and support given is proactive, accurate and timely and is in-line with company values and policies and procedures.
- Ensure business remains safe and compliant regarding regulatory requirements to minimise the risk to the organisation and can manage all ET1 claims and acts as liaison with company Legal Assistance in all matter related to employment law
- Can demonstrate continuous professional development (CPD) about UK and EMEA Employment Law
- Manage Onsite Union Negotiations
- Support in the management of organisational design and related activities (Redundancy, TUPE)
- Responsible for ensuring payroll and required reporting is processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure liaison with Finance over EMEA country processing
- Responsible for management of company Bonus Schemes
- Act as a point of contact for ADP
- Responsible for Employee Benefits Processing
- Learning & Development
- Support all third-Party Training events.
- Supporting e-learning roll out project
Reporting & Analytics
- Employee Relations activity reporting & trend analysis.
- Sickness Absence reporting & trend analysis.
- Learning & Development reporting & trend analysis.
- Payroll Reporting
- Board Reporting
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Responsible for the management of People Advisor (for given scope)
- Responsible for team’s annual review
- Responsible for the management of budget (for given scope)
- Can demonstrate and supporting managers with 1-1’s, annual appraisals, performance management and capability management.
- Accountable for the managing of the recruitment process from contract, starter/leaver process
- To support on all aspects of recruitment where necessary
- Ensure ‘The Fold’ is maintained with daily/weekly/monthly updates
- Supportive of the Company Work Experience and Supporting the management of school outreach programs
- Supports management of BWC and AGM
- Can demonstrate HRIS Management
- Can demonstrate Supporting Payroll Management
- Can demonstrate Recruitment Platforms including ATS
- Ensure company FOLD is updated in line with relevant area of responsibility
Employer of Choice
- Responsible for Investors in People
- Responsible for other accreditations as determined by the business
- Ensures Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of self and team members
- CIPD Level 7
Essential (E) & Desirable (D) Criteria
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in Management Role (E)
- CIPD level 7 or working towards qualification (E)
- Employee Relations Experience (E)
- Experience of working in an environment working to Investors In People (D)
- Experience of working in unionised environment (D)
- Experience of Thomas International or another Psychometric provider (D)
- Experience of ADP Payroll (D)
- With either experience of the cycling industry or a personal interest in cycling. (D)
Required Competencies of Role
Compliance (High C)
- Candidates and incumbents who are strong-willed, unconventional and venturesome are unlikely to relate comfortably to the requirements of this role.
- Compliance with corporate values and culture is critical to long-term success.
- Those candidates and job holders who are systematic and precise will most often be at a distinct advantage
- A cautious and carefully considered approach to problem solving is an important role requirement.
- Technical interests, skills and experience are some of the more important characteristics required for this role.
Dominance (High D)
- A firm but accommodating style is a prime requirement.
- Reacting quickly and decisively to change will be necessary.
- Steadiness (Low S)
- A serene, relaxed and easy-going activity level will seldom be tolerated in this role.
- Patience, leniency and stability are values that may have to be sacrificed in order to succeed in this position.
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility in approach and an anxiety to complete assignments on time are important factors for success.
- A style that is energetic and restless is likely to be compatible with the more dynamic and fast paced demands of this job.
- Above average mobility, being self-critical and flexible are some of the values that will be sought after.
Influence (Low I)
- Factual analysis, healthy skepticism and caution in accepting information at face value, are critical factors for success in this job.
- The ability to communicate logically and objectively are essential components of this function.
- Recognition for specialist achievements within a complex work environment is likely to be a vital motivating factor.
- Being able to work on one's own and concentrate for long periods at a time are important.
- There will be limited opportunities, or need, for relaxed and socially centered relationships in this position.
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.