Brompton Bicycle is going through a period of unprecedented growth. To support the growth in output, we are looking to transfer bodies of work to our external supply chain, and rationalise our internal processes. To facilitate this, we are forming a dedicated, autonomous team to produce defined work packages and to outsource them.
To provide support to the outsourcing project team by identifying, selecting, and approving suppliers that match the business growth plans. You must have a wide experience across engineering buying, and be able to demonstrate manufacturing process knowledge, supplier capability and project management skills. All tasks would be completed whilst adhering to all processes and procedures within the department.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Source new vendors and evaluates supplier’s overall performance for capability, price, quality, on-time delivery, and warranty. You will have to visit supplier locations
- Lead on-site audits of new and existing suppliers
- Work within specified project timescales
- Lead the cross-functional team
- Work with the Purchasing Manager to co-ordinate activities
- Help define quality and production standards
- Raising Sample and PPAP orders
- Creating and entering purchase orders based on APS demands
- Maintain the prevailing business system information
- Provide detail ramp-up plans that match the business demands
- Produce and defining long term agreements and service level agreements
- Negotiate supplier terms, price, quality, payment, and freight.
- Expedites deliveries as needed.
- Produce cost benefit charts
- Produce monthly reports to feed into the business reports
- Helping with the monthly and yearly stock checks and audits
- Liaising with suppliers
- To attend training and meetings, as and when required
- Any other tasks that may be deemed necessary by the Head of Supply Chain
Key skills required
- An awareness of Health and Safety law and best practices
- An understanding/compliance to Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
- Approach problems creatively to resolve situational or systematic issues
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office suite, with a competent working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent telephone manner
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills to get along with co-workers and outside vendors
- Keen attention to detail
- Work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- Must have a “hands on” approach
- Punctual, methodical & reliable
- Can do attitude
- Provide a wide range of solutions
- Worked in a Purchasing environment for more than 2 years
- A working knowledge off ERP/MRP systems
A qualification in a related field would be desirable, however the ability to demonstrate a solid purchasing background is essential.