NPI Quality Engineer
To support the delivery of required targets of the New Product Launch activities by providing quality engineering support to Brompton Bicycles’ New Product Introduction (NPI) process. The post holder will contribute to the implementation and continued development of the Quality Plans during the development and introduction of New Projects whilst providing ongoing support during Program Launch to the operational teams.
- Quality Lead – New Products, Special Editions & Running Changes to existing products
- Champion the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) strategy
- Own and drive the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) Documentation
- Define Measurement Systems for new parts and products, leading the Measurement System Analysis (MSA), engaging with the Brompton Quality team and external measurement partners
- Process Capability Studies and Statistical Process Control preparation
- Control Plan Generation
- Manage and deliver a seamless handover of Projects to the Operational team.
The person occupying this role will be able to meet and build relationships with people with ease and use researched information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict. The ideal person will take on an energetic and proactive working style and seek to get things done while dealing with a variety of tasks.
The successful candidate will be expected to support those who need assistance and encourages others to perform to the highest standards to complete tasks. They will be able to remain confident when dealing with challenging situations and encourage others to come up with creative and practical solutions to problems that may arise. The ideal candidate will be able to commit themselves to the task at hand and go beyond the limit to achieve their key objectives.
Brompton utilises Personal Profile Analysis and Psychometric Assessment during the recruitment process. This allows to identify the ideal behavioural requirements for each job function in terms of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. The ideal behavioural profile for this role is set out below:
Influence (High I)
- The ability to establish and cultivate inter-personal relationships and participate with others is advantageous to this role.
- The ability to create positive and friendly workplace will be expected of the person occupying this role.
- Influencing and motivational skills are critical requirements for this role.
Compliance (High C)
- The candidate will take a conventional, systematic, and tactical approach to variety of tasks.
- Compliance with corporate values and culture could be critical to long-term success.
- The candidate will carefully consider their approach to problem solving.
- Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important to this role.
Dominance (High D)
- The successful will be expected to deal with strong characters.
- An assertive, but not an aggressive, working style may be a requirement for this role.
- Some timely decision taking skills and experience are needed for this role.
Steadiness (Low S)
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility in approach and persistence to complete assignments on time are important to this role.
- An energetic working style is needed for the more dynamic and fast paced demands of this job.
Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge, experience, and a proven record of the application of the AIAG Core Tools: APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, FMEA
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Systems compliant to ISO 9001
- Strong knowledge interpreting engineering drawing GD&T to BS 8888 (ASME 14.5 and subparts would also be considered)
- Experience operating in a business that deploys project management methodologies such as Prince2/Agile/Waterfall/Critical Path
- Experienced in metrology and measurement systems analysis
- Technical experience of LEAN principles and other manufacturing theories.
- Exceptional self-motivation and a pro-active confidence needed to identify and prioritise work.
- Excellent communication skills - To provide a highly professional approach; building positive relationships with colleagues and Customers, looking for opportunities to add value to the internal customer.
- Experienced in Mechanical Assembly NPI - knowledge of Brazing, Welding, Casting, and Injection Moulding would be a significant advantage
- To be able to demonstrate experience in a similar high-volume Customer facing Projects Quality Planning and Engineering role.
- Proficiency in all MS Office packages including Word, Excel, Outlook, Project & PowerPoint.
- Experienced in industry standards, procedures, and practices.
- To contribute innovative ideas that enhances work practices; is receptive to new ideas and participates in the implementation of change.
- Experience in using Quality tools and techniques such as, 8D analysis, Poka Yoke etc.
An Engineering degree and the ability to demonstrate a solid engineering background in a relevant environment are essential, as is experience bringing new products to market. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, with specific NPI experience.