Job title: NPI Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Responsible to: New Product Engineering Manager
Brompton has ambitious plans for growth over the next 5 years and a key part of this is the introduction of a new products, which includes new-to-market products and running changes to existing products. This role will be part of the NPI team of engineers responsible for the productionisation of the new products, working out the most efficient way to manufacture the new designs and implementing their manufacture in the West London factory.
This manufacturing engineering role will be responsible for productionisation of new products, the main objectives include:
Skills and Requirements
An Engineering degree and the ability to demonstrate a solid engineering background in a relevant environment are essential, as is experience bringing new products to market. The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in manufacturing, with specific NPI experience.
The person occupying this role will be able to meet and build relationships with people with ease and use researched information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict. The ideal person will take on an energetic and proactive working style and seek to get things done while dealing with a variety of tasks.
The successful candidate will be expected to support those who need assistance and encourages others to perform to the highest standards to complete tasks. They will be able to remain confident when dealing with challenging situations and encourage others to come up with creative and practical solutions to problems that may arise. The ideal candidate will be able to commit themselves to the task at hand and go beyond the limit to achieve their key objectives.
Brompton utilises Personal Profile Analysis and Psychometric Assessment during the recruitment process. This allows to identify the ideal behavioural requirements for each job function in terms of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. The ideal behavioural profile for this role is set out below:
Influence (High I)
The ability to establish and cultivate inter-personal relationships and participate with others is advantageous to this role.
The ability to create positive and friendly workplace will be expected of the person occupying this role.
Influencing and motivational skills are critical requirements for this role.
Compliance (High C)
The candidate will take a conventional, systematic and tactical approach to variety of tasks.
Compliance with corporate values and culture could be critical to long-term success.
The candidate will carefully consider their approach to problem solving.
Technical interests, specialist skills and experience are important to this role.
Dominance (High D)
• The successful will be expected to deal with strong characters.
• An assertive, but not an aggressive, working style may be a requirement for this role.
• Some timely decision taking skills and experience are needed for this role.
Steadiness (Low S)
• The ability to demonstrate flexibility in approach and persistence to complete assignments on time are important to this role.
• An energetic working style is needed for the more dynamic and fast paced demands of this job.
Brompton offers you an excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along, communicate and co-operate well with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment, Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle Ltd; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and the product, despite any differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
• Large discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too).
• A choice of working hours, including a 9-day fortnight (i.e. every other Friday off).
• 20 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay with us.
• Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme and other similar benefits.
• Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, Annual Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching.