Multi Skill Maintenance Engineer
Sheffield, England, United KingdomHealth and Safety and Facilities
Job title Multi Skill Maintenance Engineer
Responsible to Facilities Manager
About the Company
The Brompton is acknowledged worldwide as the finest bicycle of its type. This excellence, combined with a resurgence in cycling for transport, means we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive, we need to recruit great people who can drive innovation of our products and the processes used to make them. We are proud of our bicycles and enjoy using them.
Brompton Bicycle manufactures in its factory in West London. We export 80% of our production to 44 countries around the globe and intend to produce over 100,000 bikes this year.
This role will be based in our Sheffield Titanium Frame manufacturing facility in Sheffield. Our titanium products are central to the current and future success of Brompton.
If you have enthusiasm, thrive on being given responsibility and want to make great products that make a difference to people’s lives, we can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Part of this expansion and growth will be driven by an increase in demand in our Sheffield Titanium welding facility. The role is production asset uptime focused role ensuring all welding operations run smoothly by mechanically maintain our complex jigs and fixtures, advanced welding equipment and all associated services. You will report to the Maintenance manager and with day-to-day reporting line to the site Production Lead. This is an interesting and broad role with a high level of autonomy to implement good practice maintenance standards.
The mission of the facilities and maintenance department is to:
“Enable our Brompton community to safely create urban freedom for happier lives in great surroundings with reliable equipment.”
The desired person
If You are….
Someone who takes pride in their work, committed to make a positive difference every day and leave with satisfaction that you have made improvement everyday. You are obsessive over detail.
Someone who integrates into the team and brings departments together to solve reliability issues. You show passion for creating bikes and seek to inspire as many people as possible to work with the maintenance team.
Someone who brings their whole selves to work. You like to have fun and work hard. You will keep your eyes and ears open to listen, learn and improve.
Someone who is fearless at asking difficult questions to get to the root of problems. You are brave enough to do things differently and fail forward.
Someone who is eager to solve problems with energy and gusto. You make decisions and act at pace. Your movements and momentum are infectious to the whole team, raising standards within the team.
Then this role is for you!
- Provide planned and unplanned maintenance support to production teams to improve MTBF
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve root cause failures of Machinery and Equipment.
- Maintain maintenance records
- Support development of repair and service procedures for equipment.
- Maintenance inventory control; Identify and develop critical spares and consumables stocks to improve MTTR
- Support equipment design, Installation, commissioning, handover and decommissioning.
- Compliance with health and safety standards
- Issue Hot work permits/ LOTO controls
- Arrange for contractor support, supervise contractor activity, issue permits to work.
- Adhere to OEM specs
- Carry out site facilities tasks in support of the wider team’s responsibilities
- Support site development plans to provide excellent working environment for all staff.
- Support change and continuous improvement projects.
- Support accident investigations, near misses and hazards to provide a safe working environment for our team and visitors
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified to IEEE 17th/18th Edition electrical regulations
- Time served apprentice (Preferred)
- Electro - Pneumatic, hydraulic systems experience
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and system schematics
- Highly computer literate, MS365 programs
- Engaging approach to teamwork
- Interpretation of electrical diagrams
- This will be a 40 hour/week, hourly paid role, however weekend work will be required on occasion with adequate notice.
- Working at height and with power tools will be required.
- Brompton Sheffield is based within a ITAR regulated site and special conditions apply.
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.