Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world we produced over 60,000 bikes last year and have ambitious growth plans for the coming years. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Brompton is entering a new era in its Operations environment. A diverse portfolio of new products are to be introduced over the coming years that will require innovative approaches to how we manage material from our raw material suppliers through to our increasingly omni-channel distribution channels, onwards to our globally spread end customers.
Brompton is seeking an experienced materials planning and logistics professional to take a pivotal role in meeting the growing customer demand for our products and the increasing complexity of delivering customer satisfaction globally with increasing diversity in both product and route to market.
The role is a new position identified as necessary in our rapidly scaling company. It will sit over our existing Supply Chain, Planning and Logistics departments and report into the Chief Operations Officer.
Supply Chain, Logistics and Planning Management
- Effectively and efficiently manage the material movements required to meet daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer demand, minimising costs where possible and ensuring the required best working practices are always maintained .
- Drive process improvements and Kaizen activities to improve materials handling, reduce stock and WIP, reduce mis-picks and mis-packs.
- Run and manage daily meetings to ensure daily actions are identified and completed.
- Oversee and manage inventory integrity and review ways to reduce inventory levels globally.
- Ensure regular stock checks take place
- Manage In-house warehousing and logistics activities, from inventory receipt on site to delivery to point of use and the return of packaging/stillaging
- Control and ownership of all material and goods in-transit, including import management
- Outbound logistics management including export management
- Ensure IT systems in place are effective, accurate and maintained and review opportunities to standardise and streamline current or new systems and integrations.
- Analyse available data and trends related to inventory and develop recommendations and strategies for improvement based on analysis
- Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems as necessary across the supply chain and logistics network.
- Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
- Take responsibility for effective risk assessments of processes and tasks in the logistics environment.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, developing training plans that ensure they meet both their maximum potential and the company’s needs.
- Governance of S&OP activities in conjunction with deployment by planning department.
- Create and manage appropriate reporting tools to demonstrate achievement against targets and actions required by Chiefs and Board.
- Provide technical expertise across Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics activities.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
- Communicate KPIs and key objectives from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility and direct reports.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate organisational structures across areas of responsibility, along with resource plans and culture to support the business objectives and customer deliverables.
- Complete regular performance reviews, manage disciplinary issues and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance to any mandatory or voluntary regulatory requirements identified by the company and be abreast of changes in international trade regulations and requirements.
- Lead the identification and integration of external logistics and supply chain partners, including 3PL, freight forwarders, external warehouse and storage.
- Stay abreast of relevant technologies and systems that can push Brompton to world class standards in global logistics and materials handling.
- Overall responsibility for Materials Planning, Supply Chain and Logistics and contributing activities across the business.
Strategy and Development:
- Create and implement best practice visions, strategies, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
- Lead strategy for Supply Chain and Logistics that ensures greatest value add from onsite activities and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the logistic and planning capability and resource are in place to deliver the company’s strategic goals and operational required to meet customer requirements.
- Identify and evaluate the challenges and risks faced by the business and implement appropriate mitigating actions
- Contribute to overall business strategy and annual budget process.
- Ensure that Environmental, Health and Safety standards are maintained and developed across the supply chain and logistics network.
- Support the development and implementation of a sustainability strategy within Brompton and it’s supply base.
- Work closely with operations director to develop controlled and sustainable ramp up process to increase capacity through our Supply Chain in line with demand goals.
- Work with Quality and Customer Services to deliver a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer satisfaction levels.
- Coordinate team activities to optimise cost performance across the supply chain and logistics networks through partnership programmes, optimising operating working capital usage and minimising waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Work with the Digital team to ensure our ERP systems and all its system integrations are supporting the MP&L activities effectively.
- Work with the sales and commercial teams to implement distribution in new territories in a seamless manner.
- Provide an agreed service level to our ECom and Retail divisions to support end customer satisfaction.
- Provide an agreed service level to our customer services department in the support of warranty and returns.
- Work with the NPI teams to ensure logistics of new product release are considered and achievable.
- Work with NPI and Change Control team to ensure successful management of run-in/run-out inventory and minimise end of life obsolescence
- Support project management to cross functional activity required for project execution.
- Work with Digital team to integrate new system solutions needed to offer greater customer satisfaction performance.
- Input and hold responsibility for budgets across three departments.
- Prepare the annual department budget and forecasts.
- Insure justifiable business cases for all Capital and Operational Expenditure proposals.
- Responsibility for stock movements and transfers from supplier through to customer.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the company strategy.
- Proactively work with Factory Managers, Manufacturing Engineering and other departments to incorporate best practices in inventory management into the manufacturing environment.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of technology change and potential effects on supply. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimising cost.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects and review and communicate the impact on MP&L activities.
- Proven leadership and management skills in Material Planning and Logistics with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of delivering new strategic solutions, gained within rapidly growing international businesses
- Strong and confident negotiator with the ability to negotiate at all levels
- Ability to inspire and motivate a newly combined team with differing motivators.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
- Resilient, self motivated and able to work well under pressure
- An appreciation of and an ability to positively resolve issues arising from different cultures
- Have a high degree of IT acumen particularly with ERP / MRP
- Trade compliance knowledge and ability to prepare for Post Brexit eventualities
- Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Preferably a Fellow or Chartered Member of an industry related Professional Body
Financial and Budget Management:
Skills and Attributes:
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- You will need to demonstrate complex problem-solving skills and be able to give an example of how you resolved the situation. Excellent communication skills and a highly professional outlook.
- You will have strong leadership, communications, collaboration, mentoring and interpersonal skills.
- You will have experience of managing logistics in a manufactured consumer goods environment and meeting the cost, quality and delivery requirements of the company
- You will be pro-active and react with urgency and flexibility to issues or opportunities
- You will have experience of managing workload of self and others to ensure tasking completed to schedule.
- You will have experience of providing leadership and direction with emphasis on team building through effective communications.
- You must work effectively across departments, promoting open communications demonstrating having an emotional intelligence to other departments focuses.
- You will possess an ability to act under pressure with calmness, clarity of thought and decisive authority.
- You will demonstrate a meticulous attention to detail and the ability to learn new technologies and techniques rapidly.
- You will have experience with continuous improvement methodologies and be able to drive an improvement culture.
- Six sigma experience is advantageous
- A Fluent command of the English language is essential.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
- Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
- Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
- Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…..
- Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching