Master Data Administrator
We are looking for a Master Data Administrator to join our Digital Technology department. You’ll be a part of a team masterminding the optimisation of the company’s master data, so it is accurate, reliable and secure. Brompton has embarked on an ERP Transformation programme and require an experienced Master Data Administrator to join at a critical time and help drive the implementation the new system.
You'll bring broad data management experience to the table including Data Quality, Master Data Management and have worked on single customer view projects. You'll ensure business requirements are met when onboarded to the ERP and ensure the data quality, business rules and data model is fit for purpose whilst continually selling the benefits of an MDM / SCV to the rest of the business.
You’ll be required to understand the business data processes and procedures and take ownership of the administration tasks that the company relies on. You’ll be involved in the evolution and implementation of these processes to improve company efficiency.
- Be responsible for actively managing the item, customer, vendor, and system master data sets.
- Work closely with other functions to promote and ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Be the central contact point for all system related enquiries relating to customers, products, and master data.
- Administer the bike configurator and build in agility to the way of working which enables the Product Management and Sales teams to maximise opportunities.
- Develop data validation and exception reports to maximise data accuracy.
- Support staff internally, providing data lists, help with errors and training.
- Support the business to maximize full data efficiency to assist business growth.
- Support the retail and international subsidiaries to ensure datasets are consistent across the wider organisation.
- Manage and review legacy issues with data integrity, find the route cause and resolve.
- Escalate complex queries to the Master Data Manager when necessary.
- Help define and implement data management quality standard.
The successful candidate in this role will be extremely detail orientated and experienced in MDM, ideally from a manufacturing industry. The person in this role will generate and provide specialist and administrative services and must be able to seek ways of perfect data, raising standards, reducing errors, and overcoming omissions. The successful candidate in this role will be expected to be non-confrontational when handling or involved in conflict situations and to achieve agreed and acceptable standards and timescales.
- Deep knowledge of best practice Master Data procedures and quality standards.
- Demonstrable experience cleansing, refining, and setting strict data controls.
- 2 years + working in similar Master Data Administrator role.
- Analytically minded with an impeccable attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel, pivot tables and complex formulas.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Highly organised, proactive, and very quick learner.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with ERP software, ideally working knowledge of Infor CSI/Syteline.
- Advanced MDM knowledge and quality standards in manufacturing and/or retail businesses.
- Direct experience working with Infor Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI) and Configure Price Quote engine (CPQ).
- Experience managing datasets on a retail POS.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, DQM, DQS.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Power BI.
- Have working knowledge of GDPR.
- Understanding of manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- Working to ISO 10032/8000 or similar framework
- Must have meticulous attention to quality and detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, while being assertive in a team environment
- Proactive and methodical approach to work.
- Able to work independently and ensure tasks are completed with little supervision
- Able to work under stress and meet tight deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS Excel
- Degree level qualification in Business Information Systems, or experience to a similar level
- The ideal candidate will come from a diverse background, bringing with them a wealth of knowledge in MDM in a manufacturing organisation.