About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
Reporting directly to the Japan Country Manager and indirectly to the APAC Marketing Manager, this role is required to reflect our increased presence and responsibility in Japan as we establish direct distribution with our retailers and build our direct-to-consumer channels (Brompton Junction retail store and ecommerce). To meet our growth ambitions, we need to build awareness, engagement, and trial amongst a broader range of prospective customers, while localising the global marketing strategy.
This role will take ownership for developing and executing marketing plans locally, supported by our APAC Marketing Manager based in Singapore. This role will involve working with local Sales Managers, the global marketing team [London-based] and a host of agency/freelancer partners across the markets.
The position requires a motivated, experienced, and creative marketing professional to develop and execute our marketing strategy for Japan.
Measures of success
- Creation and execution of local marketing strategy, informed by market and consumer insights
- Achievement of marketing objectives and KPIs (including brand awareness, web traffic, CRM database and delivery of partnership marketing campaigns through Retail network).
- On-time delivery of all marketing campaign elements
- Support delivery of local sales budgets
- In conjunction with the International Marketing Manager and APAC Marketing Manager, lead development of the local marketing strategy, annual budget and calendar through localisation of global campaigns and the creation of local marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market analysis and deeper market and consumer research to identify insights and Brompton’s competitive advantage in key cities. Apply these learnings to develop your marketing strategy and campaigns.
- Develop and measure against KPIs for each category.
- Identify and execute marketing campaigns across appropriate marketing channels to reach target audience in your region (including digital, outdoor, print, PR, trade, events, among other channels).
- Identify appropriate content for content-marketing initiatives; collaborate with in-house teams to brief in content requests for regions.
- Where relevant, work closely with Global Events team to plan and coordinate events in your regions.
- Identify and increase reach and engagement of CRM program, through prospect acquisition and increased loyalty of owners.
Digital Marketing and Communications:
- Launch and grow e-commerce channel (direct and retailer) and drive continued growth of other sales channels – through paid media, SEO support, localised content, social media and CRM. Liaise with media agency to execute local marketing plans.
- Work with the Global content team and SEO agency to implement best in class local website content and search visibility.
- Develop and maintain network of local agency/freelancer partners to support across Media, PR, Social, Content.
- Build and manage agency KPIs to ensure delivery of growth targets.
- Support successful delivery of product and campaign launches.
- Identify opportunities and create dedicated marketing plans targeting growth in specific cities and channels where required.
Local Trade and Retail Marketing:
- Work with Retail Marketing team to inform visual merchandising plan, including POS support materials, graphics and guidelines.
- Localise Brompton Junction marketing plans for stores. Work with Retail Marketing and Junction Operations teams in HQ to ensure new and existing Brompton Junctions are successfully launched and supported for ongoing growth through retail campaigns/POS, community marketing and exciting in-store events schedule.
- Brief in requirements for retail and trade marketing activities (including translation, POS, sales literature, and campaign elements) to Retail Marketing Team.
- Implement POS and campaigns to market once assets received from Retail Marketing Team.
- Support Sales Manager with key accounts and initiate and create strategies to drive volume through partnership marketing and joint business plans for top accounts.
- Support the implementation of the Dealer Accreditation programme.
- Increase visibility and awareness of Brompton in dealer network.
- Reporting: responsible for weekly, monthly, and comprehensive quarterly reporting on local marketing activities. This role will be required to present and report to senior managers on a regular basis.
- This role will require travel across the country to support marketing activities, meet partners, attend key events and gather local insights.