United Kingdom, England, LondonManufacturing Engineering
Job title: Manufacturing Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Responsible to: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Hours: 40 hours per week, excluding lunch breaks
The successful candidate will embrace the Brompton culture and support ongoing EDI initiatives throughout their role. They will be able to work and deliver results in both a team and individual environment, ensuring good communication skills and a collaborative approach.
Brompton promotes an environment allowing individuals to own and deliver projects against key deliverables and due dates. Through this they will demonstrate good stakeholder and time management.
The successful candidate must be able to establish and build relationships with others by listening to what they have to say and then act. They must give support and practical advice in areas where experience and knowledge are needed. They will be willing to learn new skills and provide a hands-on approach where needed.
Brompton will support committed employees looking for growth with training and further learning opportunities such as six sigma, IOSH, and ergonomics.
The candidate will be adaptable and give enthusiasm to all tasks presented to them. They will embrace the Brompton community and work within the Brompton culture to achieve company goals.
- Lead continuous improvement projects to improve manufacturing efficiency, capacity, and quality.
- Keep stakeholders updated on project progress.
- Offer technical support to production and shop floor teams.
- Work collaboratively to reach Right First Time KPI and work towards a zero-defect culture.
- Define and improve process capabilities.
- Work closely with operations department to implement lean manufacturing techniques to find ways to eliminate wastes throughout the production system.
- Improve efficiency through analysis and planning of workflow, space requirements, equipment layout and logistics flow.
- Devise efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to assemble the product.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships and establish strong feedback loops between production, quality, NPI, design and customer service teams.
- Assist with the planning, purchase and implementation of new equipment and technologies.
- Consider new and innovative ideas to drive enhanced operational activities across the enterprise.
Skills and Requirements
- Demonstrate understanding in process/industrial/continuous improvement engineering.
- Describe technical knowledge and experience of LEAN principles and other manufacturing theories
- Demonstrate problem solving techniques, such as 8D, RCA, DMIAC.
- Excellent understanding of engineering principles.
- A degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications in a related field.
- The ability to demonstrate a solid engineering background, with at least 3 years’ experience in relevant industry.