We are looking for someone to come in and ensure our accounting and reporting to our shareholder and external stakeholders is top notch. Working closely with the Head of Finance and the other members of the finance team. You will be responsible for preparing finance management reports and dealing with day-to-day accounting matters in connection with our subsidiaries, including Brompton Deutschland, Brompton Italia and our Bike Hire Business in the UK.
The occupant should be a self-starter, who is capable of managing internal and external deadlines across multiple organisations. The person in this role should be methodical, thorough, enjoy challenging situations and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion. Getting things right, attention to detail, ensuring quality and standards are met and reducing error to a minimum are important factors in this position. Researching and gathering facts, working with formulas and to specifications. The successful candidate will be a logical and systematic person, conventional, accurate, shrewd, methodical, dependable, self-starter, serious, probing, objective, self-reliant, and inquisitive by nature.
Competences required for the role should include the ability to:
- Search out errors, rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken.
- Provide practical advice and solutions to problems and ensure that tasks are followed through, loose ends are tied up and the job is completed.
- Monthly management accounting - actuals, budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Monthly management reporting – variance analysis and reporting narrative.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable management.
- Finance systems: In conjunction with IT and Master Data teams, provide administration and maintenance of current General Ledger systems, reconciliation systems, and spreadsheets.
- Provide policy and procedure guidance to ensure financial controls are followed by those inputting AR and AP transactions.
- Preparation, reconciliation and presentation of balance sheet reviews.
- Manage relationships with external accountants and payroll advisors for the local subsidiaries.
- Statutory filing requirements – assisting in preparation of financial statements under applicable Reporting Standards.
- Provide support to budget owners to identify risks and opportunities.
- Support with year-end audit and corporation tax filings.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis and reporting when required.
- Fulfil ad hoc administrative duties for the subsidiaries.
Skills and Requirements
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA).
- Experience of retail or ecommerce industry.
- Highly numerate and strong analysis skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to complete a series of tasks, often according to a schedule.
- Interest in manufacturing or cycling and providing business support rather than just reporting the final numbers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Background in multi-currency environment.
- 2-3 years in a similar role.
- An advocate of quality, continual improvement and automation.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise tasks, manage their own projects and allocate their time according to business objectives.
- Proactive and flexible approach; willing to contribute to the ongoing development of the business.
- Strong excel skills and basic SQL knowledge.