Job title: Logistics Head
Responsible to: COO
Staff reporting: 20-25 plus warehouse and BOM oversight due to duty implications
To oversee the inbound and outbound movement of the company’s goods, control and organisation of the Dispatch Warehouse. Organise the safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation of goods, taking into account the type of goods and the customers' delivery requirements, using the services of courier companies, shipping lines, airlines and road freight operators.
Manage fulfilment for Parts and Accessories ensuring multi-site feed out is fulfilled and manage stock for finished goods globally, to include planning stock level adjustment in various fulfilment centers globally. 3 P/L analysis as and when necessary along with input for supplier selection
You will be responsible for managing the continued development and implementation of a global trade compliance program. Focused knowledge and skills in EU import and export regulations will define supply chain paths during product development. Investigative skills will be applicable in managing trade compliance with other countries as needed.
Acting as the corporate trade compliance representative you will maintain an active role in assuring compliance of import/ export activities in the company and apply continuity with the global trade compliance programs by country.
Also to interface directly with other departments in the company, such as sales and production, to trade any updated information about product availability, shortages, back orders, or special customer requests.
Introduction and control over HM R&C regimes to cover stock control and BOM management to enable and control HM R&C regimes
Project management to expand distribution network via remote warehousing and integrated solution with BBL systems
Help introduce ERP systems to enable better more accurate control to allow application of AEO (authorized economic operator) to reduce guarantee liabilities, duplicate control systems for application to aid application towards ISO standards
To assist formation of strategy to enable increased gross margin by assessing end to end cost of sale through primary focus of international taxes, costs and levies and method of reduction to these costs where legally allowable
- Oversee Logistics
- Oversee Part and Accessories fulfilment
- Oversee DTH fulfilment and work closely with the DTH commercial team
- Additional duties:
- To attend training and meetings as and when required
- Any other jobs around the factory that may be deemed necessary
- High Knowledge of Multimodal Transport.
- Organize to service each business division while maintaining and improving overall operational and departmental efficiencies.
- Interface cross-functionally at all levels within the divisions of the company, including communication with offshore/subsidiary management, external resources and concerns, such as freight forwarders, third party providers and governmental agencies.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions for issues of a moderate to complex scope.
- Act as logistics facilitator to ensure that all elements of the domestic and international distribution process are coordinated to meet customer requirements in a timely and high quality.
- Meet or exceed established goals relative to on-time delivery and shipping accuracy performance for customer shipments
- Improve operational efficiencies to increase ability to process customer orders using both systems and physical improvements.
- May oversee short duration projects relating to transportation, logistics, export regulations, and related functions.
- Provides direction for systems improvements and changes to operational requirements.
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries' regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Offering consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units.
- Liaising with third parties to move goods (by road, rail, air or sea) in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- Ensure that the packaging and packaging comply with the regulations and specific measures for each country and type of transport.
- Dangerous goods control for all modes of transportation, including oversight of required training and enforcement of rules and regulation
Customs Compliance Duties:
- Prepare all import/export customs documentations.
- Control new parts classification and License Determination and ensure all goods are correctly classified according to the Customs Tariff and Customs Compliance.
- Ensure that the company’s import and export operations are carried out in accordance with both Customs Law and Regulations and International Compliance Programs.
- Supervising and control the Inward/Outward procedures relief (IPR).
- Control and Administration of the AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) of the company.
- Country of origin determination.
- Customer / Customer screening.
- International INCOTERMS.
- Duty and Customs Control.
- Monthly management and review of the MSS data.
- Preparing the company for the transition to the new UCC (Union Customs Code)
- Lead and conduct entity audits to determine export/import compliance and implement improvement projects including but not limited to Markings, Country of Origin, and Harmonized Parts Classification.
- Lead search initiatives for duty reduction opportunities on Misclassification of Parts and Customs Rulings.
- Develop and implement risk assessments/gap analysis on International Trade issues within each region/country in which the company has legal entities.
- Research and provide technical assistance in interpretation of laws/regulations, product description, harmonized tariff codes, country of origin and for the resolution of all import/export compliance issues for the region/country.
- Work with global counterparts to ensure common approaches, best practices and corrective action implementation.
- Completion and continued maintenance of import & export compliance procedure manuals
- Supports compliance requirements and recommendations with other related internal organizations globally in maintaining continuity with corporate trade compliance direction.
- Check and verify shipping records, handle questions or concerns of shipping shortages or overages and address problems with inventory control.
- Ensure proper compliance and adherence to all appropriate health and safety regulations and cleanliness requirements are followed both with regards for personal and inventory safety.
- Effect necessary communication and motivation to staff. Monitor individual performance via observation and review of various productivity metrics. Counsels and disciplines as necessary.
- Develop and maintain a productive work team via training and career development.
- Consistently promote a strong corporate culture, quality and high performance work teams.
- Responsible for administrative functions such as budgeting, equipment and liaison to Customer Service.
- Develop and ensure that established policies, rules and regulations and procedures are followed.
- Control and Authorisation of supplier invoices.
- Shipping Charges to each customer.
- Cost Reduction through programmed project control and working ‘smart’ to capture largest possible saving.
- Monthly Report.
- Introduction of remote warehousing globally
- Introduction of HM R&C solutions for duty avoidance and or compliance requirement
- Brexit control regarding trade compliance and negotiations to ensure compliance for sales and purchasing