Industrial Design Lead
London, England, United KingdomDesign
Join us in transforming urban living! Brompton Bicycle is more than just a company - we're a community of innovators who are passionate about changing the world, one bike at a time. Our bikes are not just a means of transportation - they're a reflection of our values, creativity, and commitment to excellence.
With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars, and accessories, we're all about giving our customers the power to create their own personalized Brompton bike. And we're not stopping there - in the past 36 months, we've invested in new facilities, transformed our digital presence, opened new flagship stores, and launched our biggest product line ever!
Are you a design maverick who can push the boundaries of what's possible? If so, we've got a thrilling opportunity for you to join our highly creative team as an Industrial Design Lead!
We need someone who can take our creative vision to the next level and lead our Industrial Design team through a multitude of projects. You'll be driving a high cadence of concept creation and development to inspire creativity and articulate the visual direction within a cross-functional project team. This is your chance to create innovative design solutions that resonate with Brompton's loyal customers and leave a lasting impact on the industry.
But that's not all. As an Industrial Design Lead, you'll also be responsible for creating and evolving our VBL (Visual Brand Language) and CMF (Colour, Materials, Finish) strategy. It's an exciting opportunity to leave your mark on an iconic British brand while staying true to its heritage.
We're looking for someone with a passion for design who can instill a fast-paced environment within the team. You'll collaborate cross-functionally in working sessions and have the ability to create polished, seductive design proposals. But you won't stop there - you'll always be looking at the bigger picture to create great products that exceed expectations.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Line management of ID team, managing individual workload as well as co-ordinating activities of the team.
- Presentation of concepts and design strategy to Senior members of product development team but also the wider business.
- Generation of concepts to a high standard and be highly proficient in presentation techniques that show creativity, and visually appealing designs.
- Collaborate with other design groups, and project teams to understand engineering, and provide ID input and ensure VBL and visual design integrity is maintained throughout the development process.
- To be the owner of the brand on product VBL. To provide input across the whole portfolio to ensure consistency on design projects, but also be the driving force of our ID values.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Previous experience in a senior design or product development role.
- Previous experience of line management and people development
We offer a range of benefits to our employees that make working at Brompton Bicycle even more rewarding. Here is a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Take time off to recharge and enjoy life with 25 days of holiday plus public holidays.
- We offer hybrid working and a flexible 9-day working pattern, so you can strike the perfect work-life balance that suits you.
- As an employee, you'll have your own loan Brompton to ride, so you can explore your local area on two wheels.
- Finally, we offer friends and family discounts on Brompton products, so you can share the love and help spread the joy of cycling to those you care about.