Functional Safety Consultant
This role requires an expert in functional safety, with a focus on ISO 12100 and ISO 13849, responsible for guiding and developing the functional safety of next generation Brompton electric bicycles as well as improving wider processes & policies.
- Informing Management of Functional Safety Process and Policy
- Risk Assessment using ISO 12100
- Generation of ISO 13849 Safety Requirements
- Informing Safety Process and Policy including Software & Electronic Techniques and Measures
- Leading of Safety Analysis & Validation tasks, e.g. FMEA, DC, MTTFd, PL
- Generation of ISO 13849 compliance argument & associated documentation
- Engaging software, electronic and mechanical teams to gather critical information
Experience performing ISO 12100 Risk Assessments
Experience guiding & informing ISO 13849 compliant design
Experience leading verification and validation activities for ISO 13849 compliance
Experience of software process & policy setting for ISO 13849 compliance
Experience writing safety justifications for ISO 13849
Ideally the individual will have the following educational and professional qualifications or experience:
- Degree education in related subjects (electronics, software, systems engineer, etc).
- The ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of functional safety for programmable electronic systems.
- The ability to demonstrate hands on experience in a similar role.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience as functional safety engineer / product safety engineer.