Events Executive (Internal & Trade)
United Kingdom, England, LondonMarketing
About the company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people’s freedom, improve their health and reduce society’s impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our bikes have travelled far during that time, we now export over 75% of our production to 47 countries around the world. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. In recent years we have invested in a new purpose-built factory, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores in major cities, had our biggest product launch to date and we’re not stopping there - the next 5 years presents an exciting trajectory, full of opportunities.
To change urban living for the better, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
The Events Executive role is a dual focused role for a personable, pro-active, and creative individual. It offers a unique opportunity to focus on delivering events internally whilst supporting on our trade and dealer events externally.
The Marketing team manage international direct markets and support our distributor network and partners. We have an established event portfolio with an international calendar of activity across our markets with a focus on building brand awareness and trial of Brompton as well as Brompton Junction events.
Internally this role will work cross functionally (predominantly with the People Team) to deliver rides and races, onboarding, educational visits and team development events with exposure across the business at all levels working with all departments.
- Working closely with the Events Manager to manage international dealer conferences and creating a bespoke experience to inspire and empower our global dealer network. This role includes communicating with dealers, managing suppliers, coordination of internal stakeholders and producing reports before and after the events.
- Oversee our virtual dealer conference microsite, working with sales managers, retail team, product team and marketing team to create up to date content each year.
- Manage our presence at Trade Exhibitions, creating an exciting, creative space which embodies Brompton’s ethos and drives high engagement with visitors.
- Create engaging reports to share success and learnings from our events.
- Manage all events kit & loan bikes requests. Facilitate and track requests, working with our tech team to service the fleet and manage logistics.
- Attend events and act as a brand ambassador, positively interacting with the Brompton audience.
- Support in the creation and production of event marketing assets including stands, flyers, and content.
Working alongside our People and Marketing teams to plan and deliver a series of internal events which includes:
- Induction Programme: Taking a leading role in our new induction programme which consists of a series of immersion events) for all our new recruits.
- Team Building: Supporting Team Leads, Directors and Exec Leadership to organise away days for their teams.
- Internal Cycle Events: Managing the organisation of our series of ride outs with support from our Office Manager.
- Staff Community: supporting the delivery on our Brompton Discussions series.
Personal attributes and skills
- High-energy, proactive and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- A team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to juggle several projects and a multidimensional events calendar
- Analytical with high attention to detail and the ability to use insights to make decisions
- Willing to work flexible hours around key brand events
- Affinity with Brompton’s purpose and product
- 1+ years’ experience in events management, either agency or client-side
- Proven track record in the successful planning and execution of small and medium events
- Desired experience in a multicultural and multinational business, working with contacts in local markets
- A personal interest in cycling is advantageous