Brompton have ambitious plans and have invested heavily in technology across the business in order to help deliver growth. We have a complex ecosystem of integrated technologies that sit at the core of our sales, manufacturing, and financial processes. These systems include Infor’s Cloud ERP Solution, Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI), a bespoke B2B Ecommerce Platform, and an internally developed production line system (LPMS), as well as interfaces to a variety of other systems. These systems provide the foundation that will enable the business to grow to 100K bikes per year any beyond as efficiently as possible. There are two key responsibilities for this role:
- Designs, develops, and supports (defect resolution) new and existing features/functional upgrades on Infor Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI) to extract the most value out of the system.
- Ensure high standards of software maintainability and work with the team to ensure monthly patch cycles do not interrupt the business operations.
You’ll be joining a very ambitious company and equally as ambitious technology team where your responsibilities will be:
- Turn detailed business requirements into functional designs documents that analyses impact and dependencies of the product or feature on other areas of the system.
- Provides effort estimates and analyses the risks involved to implement feature upgrades.
- Obtains review and approval of the design document before proceeding to implementation.
- Translates design into code ensure high level of product quality and maintainability.
- Develops code derived from a design document using appropriate development standards.
- Performs unit testing of the code and performs integration level testing with other features or products in the system.
- Documents the final implementation of the design.
- Documents changes required for the deliverable product (manuals, release notes, etc.).
- Develops and maintains knowledge of Infor systems, design and implementation tools used in the software development environment as well as current technologies in software development, computer systems and industry trends.
- Volunteers experience and expertise to help others.
- Works cooperatively and sportively within a programming team environment.
- Alongside the technology team, ensures optimum up-time for the systems and ensure we always look to improve and deliver higher standards of service to our internal and external stakeholders.
Required Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in software engineering or computer science
- At least 3-5 years of programming experience using C#, Java, SQL, XML, Rest API
- Experience personalising a complex ERP system including developing interfaces to 3rd party systems.
- Experience in Cloud platforms such as AWS a plus
- Proficient problem solving, interviewing and fact-finding skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Teamwork and organisational skills
- Self-motivation and discipline, ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of source code management and configuration management
Nice to have Experience
- Prior experience of the “form-merging” process in CSI/ERP system.
- Systems knowledge of Infor’s ERP suite, ideally Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI)
- At least 1-2 years development experience using Infor’s Mongoose Application Development framework.
- Prior experience working the Infor’s ION technology.