Job title E-commerce Supervisor - China
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore, with a bike that you can take anywhere, we can change the way people live in cities. Our high-quality products, combined with the resurgence in cycling, mean that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. To continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims.
E-commerce is a rapidly growing department within the business with aims to deliver significant proportion of global business revenue within the next 5 years. This role is a crucial component of this journey and will be responsible for driving our E-commerce success in the China. We will begin our e-commerce journey in 2021, with this role and further support we will be accelerating both our consumer-direct and click-and-collect business significantly. The role will sit in the China office with extended support from the wider central UK team.
· To create and lead a high performing E-commerce business and culture in China.
· To work with both the central teams and the China team daily to ensure the correct level of stakeholder buy-in to deliver on our yearly targets.
· To mold and continuously adapt our e-commerce process in China to deliver the best customer experience for both our end consumers and B2B customers.
· To be the e-commerce go-to for everything China related, must inspire and collaborate well with those around them whilst delivering results.
· To be innovative and market-leading in our online delivery of product, content and service. Using data, insight and support from our PR & Social Media agencies where possible tailored to local market.
· A key role within the business reporting directly into the Country Manager and doted line to Head of E-commerce, who reports into the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) who sits on the company Board.
· Will have an indirect to our offline sales team lead in China but need to work closely with them, and will also firmly teamwork with China marketing team and Country Manager of our China business.
- Full day to day responsibility for online revenue, profit along with key on-site metrics such as conversion rate, bounce rate, search, stock availability, NPS score etc.
- Ownership of all merchandising plans for all e-commerce channels as Mini App, Tmall and JD etc., working closely with our operation manager. This includes website taxonomy and using best in class merchandising principles for product set-up, naming conventions, filters and facets to give a market leading on-site customer experience and help drive organic traffic.
- Development and ownership of a China e-commerce trading plan which will clearly set-out a plan to deliver on revenue targets for the year. To be worked in conjunction with China wider team, central marketing and wider commercial teams.
- Own and manage all Paid media spend in China working closely with our UK central teams, Global digital agency and our local Marketing in China.
- Work with marketing to ensure we receive high quality traffic to all e-commerce platforms via Organic, Direct, PPC, Social etc to drive higher conversion rates and fully understand the different needs of customers from each marketing channel.
- Development and ownership of the e-commerce forecasting and stock management for China e-commerce channels – working closely with the China operations team.
- Own and produce weekly e-commerce reports for the China business to share with Country Manager and Head of E-commerce and other key stakeholders. make a comprehensive staged evaluation based on data such as traffic, consultation volume, conversion volume, promotion effect, etc., and propose optimization plans based on promotion effects and pay attention to the situation of competing stores in time.
- Identifying new product opportunities within market working in conjunction with China and central teams, especially within our Parts & Accessories range.
- Ownership of the E-commerce customer experience – including both DTH sales and in store through Click + Collect. Working in partnership with other departments – especially Digital Technology, Marketing, Operations, Brompton Junction Retail and Customer Service.
- Deliver a robust digital development plan in conjunction with our central IT Digital Technology team for China e-commerce platforms. This will include global website improvements alongside China specific improvements, especially in the merchandising journey and bike registration.
- Responsible for the daily operation management and team building of the e-commerce team; responsible for the business guidance, skill upgrading, personnel training and performance assessment of the own e-commerce team and the outsourcing agency team.
Position in the organisation
The E-commerce Trading Executive will need to be commercial, analytical and sales-driven with experience of E-commerce for a premium branded product.
It is essential they appreciate the value of becoming a truly omni-channel business and will be able to work collaboratively across functions to deliver a seamless omni channel experience for our customers. They therefore need to be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and a desire to proactively develop relationships across the business.
They will be self-motivated and prepared to be hands-on, action orientated and energised by the opportunity to work with a growing business. Strong self-motivation and willingness to take responsibility, strong sense of goals and positive and optimistic attitude; Strong logical thinking ability, high data sensitivity, good data analysis and team management ability.
Strong communication and influencing skill, strong ability to deliver and learn.
The candidate will be excited by the potential of being a Brompton brand ambassador.
● Bachelor degree or above, more than 5 years team management experience
● Minimum 3+ years experience working within omni-channel or a pure-play e-commerce business
● Minimum 1 year of being an e-commerce trading assistant or other similar roles
● Experience of working for a premium consumer product business
● Experience of independently operate and manage C2C and B2C website stores and ensure their stability
● Proficient in the promotion and marketing rules of Mini App, Tmall, JD and other e-commerce platforms
● Practical experience in creating HOT ITEMs and participating in official activities
● Strong experience in improving the conversion rate