Job title Demand Planner – Part and Accessories
Responsible to: Head of Planning
The role of the Demand Planner requires a highly meticulous, commercially rounded, organised planner, to take immediate ownership of sales planning activities. Reporting directly to the Head of Planning, this role carries a significant degree of authority, autonomy and organisation, as you become responsible for the forecasting and planning of our Parts and Accessories.
Working closely with the Sales operations manager and territory managers, you shall develop statistical forecast and challenge them with a collaborative approach, to ensure forecast accuracy and balance market demand with Supply, capacity and organisational budgeted targets. Accordingly, your work requires tight, cross functional collaboration with local and remote Sales across our different routes to market (Junction, Ecommerce, retailers and distributors) as well as our internal purchasing department and production teams. Being capable of building and maintaining effective and trusting relationships is therefore paramount in this pivotal position.
Brompton operates a lean manufacturing policy and bikes are produced to order, all year round. The parts and Accessories role within Brompton is set to grow significantly over the coming years and you must work closely with Product Management and Supply Chain to enable successful launch of new products.
Brompton is on the brink of launching its ERP, which will enable us to deploy significant business process changes. You will work with our local and international Sales & Operations teams to understand and define the stock of parts and accessories required at any point in time to fulfil consumers and customers’ expectations, while supporting performance objectives to improve cash flow through reduction of safety stock and lead-times. This balancing act will require you to participate, build and defend cases through our monthly S&OP Process, therefore, problem-solving and continuous improvement shall be key feature of your role.
This is a role for someone who wants to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in and who is keen to learn the full breadth of our company’s activities and products, who is ready to progress in a role they are already sure-footed in, and who is excited by the potential of a long-term commitment to this fast-growing British success story.
The successful candidate will be able to remain confident when dealing with difficult situations and encourage others to have ideas and create new creative solutions to problems. They will encourage others to effectively and efficiently at a level that is understood by all involved in project planning and develop a culture of participation.
The ideal candidate will be able to meet and build relationships with others, both externally and internally and motivate them to seek opportunities and achieve high performance standards. They should mentor and coach those in need of support and direction and build morale within the company by sharing a positive ambition and vision.
The person occupying this role should always remain rational when dealing with strong characters, ensure they work within organisational requirements, be systematic and factual when dealing with colleagues and handle all conflict in an accommodating manner and use practicality as a method for reaching a solution. The person will need to develop a team atmosphere through hard work and consistency.
The ideal person must focus on results and willingly tackle problems which hinder the achievement of their objectives and bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace and complete projects.
The person occupying this should be driven to achieve results in a friendly manner but at the same time maintain quality and standards. The person in this the role will have specialist skills and will work within an area of expertise. They will be good communicators, enjoy challenging situations and take a systematic approach to problems. The ideal person will be positive, participative, self-confident, friendly, self-starting, inquisitive, imaginative, factual, consistent and self-disciplined. Activity, mobility, flexibility, variety and pace are important aspects within the function.
▪ Extensive knowledge of worldwide cycling industry parts and accessories
▪ A positive, can do attitude is essential for working at Brompton
▪ Highly numerate logical thinker
▪ Strong organisational and problem solving skills
▪ Market aware and commercially focussed
▪ Attention to detail and a willingness to dig down into details while retaining a sense of the broader picture
▪ Must be able to work under pressure
▪ Ability to work in a multicultural and multilingual environment
▪ An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
▪ Passionate, determined and resourceful
▪ Structured, process driven and exceedingly organised
▪ Personable and engaging, both internally and as an ambassador for Brompton Bicycle
▪ Valid Passport and authorised to work within the UK
Skills and Experience
▪ Degree in Supply Chain or business with forecasting track
▪ Must have excellent Microsoft Excel and analytical skills
▪ 3 years’ working experience in forecasting and S&OP activities
▪ Experience working with ERP (Ideally Infor CSI)
▪ Fluent English communication skills - both verbal and written, with a confident and professional manner
▪ Knowledge of supply chain models, forecasting, S&OP, capacity planning.
▪ Power BI experience is a plus, though not required
▪ Experience leading process change through continuous improvement is a plus
Brompton utilises Personal Profile Analysis and Psychometric Assessment during the recruitment process. This allows to identify the ideal behavioural requirements for each job function in terms of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. The ideal behavioural profile for this role is set out below:
· The possession of leadership, influential and motivational skills is vital to this function
· Will be able to establish and cultivate relationships with others.
· Create a positive and friendly work atmosphere for all involved and be able to work with others
· Diplomacy and compliance with policy and procedures are needed for this role
· Be able to subscribe to strict standards of quality and accuracy.
· Being methodical, systematic and precise is vital for this role
· A degree of strategic expertise and commercial vision is vital for this role
· Will be able to handle constructive criticism with confidence.
· Will have Problem solving capabilities
· Reasonable experience and skills in dealing with strong characters is needed
· Achievement of objectives will be an important factor for this role
· Have a demonstrative and determined intent to complete assignments within time scales
· Demonstrate energy levels and work at the required pace needed
· Will be Alert and have a self-critical nature when approaching projects
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.