Customer Service Representative - Japan
About the Customer Service Team
The Brompton Customer Service team is made up of a diverse, respecting, and positive group of individuals, that reflects the wider business ethic and drive to promote freedom in cities through the products we manufacture. We are unified in an effort to provide a gold standard of customer service to a global network of Brompton Owners, perspective owners and the supporting dealer network.
The Customer Service team are passionate about the product and understand what the freedom it provides its users. We focus on making sure that every step of the customer’s journey is positively supported, through meaningful and catered for communication and literature, including when the product does not perform completely as expected. The team operate on a great attitude of owning the queries presented and championing the customer’s experience every at step of the way.
Brompton’s Customer Service team is a family of individuals with a “can do” attitude and a desire to empower people’s movement and freedom through the fantastic product we provide.
The main body of your day to day in this role is reactive technical support for both the consumer and dealer network. This will include:
- Email support
- Inbound phone support
- Live chat
- Raising warranty orders and credits
- Creating RMAs and booking return to base warranty services
- Helping build processes and technical literature to support the trade and consumer audience
Other element is Technical Training you will be involved in. This will include:
- Work with partners from different channels to deliver the training support, includes but not limited to in-store face to face training, online webinars and help with the uptake of the B2B registration and completion data.
- Ensure each retail network with necessary tooling and components to support servicing and warranty.
- Providing educational “how to” videos/articles to B2C customers via Brompton.com/Wechat mini program to allow consumers to self-serve
- Motivate, provide technical support and coaching & develop action plan to maximize front liner(retail network) customer service performance and productivity
There will be elements of reflective assessment, based on your output and the products success in the field. This will include:
- Reporting trends in product and team performance and raising business awareness to issues as they arise
- Positively reviewing and revising support cases, to improve the support we provide going forward
- Provide actionable, factual, and precise reports after online webinar/face to face training and ensure follow up
- Support and co-manage the training calendar, ensuring it aligns with new product launches and the opening of new markets.
- Manage training material content, files for training purpose
Translate and proofread training documents from HQ
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Fluent English written and spoken Language
- Fluent Japanese written and spoken Language
- At least 2 years’ experience in a technical or workshop position in the Cycle Industry
- Excellent communication skill, well-organized, detail-minded with strong ownership
- A Cycle enthusiast and promoter of bikes
- IT savvy and quick learner on new Software, Systems and Processes
- Completely comfortable with the Microsoft Office platform and included apps
- The ability to work remotely – access to reliable internet connection is required
- The ability to work some weekends
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with ticketing system such as Zendesk
- Experience with invoice, credit, stock management and RMA systems
- Other Asian language capability is preferred
What Will Make You A Great Fit:
- Creative problem solver, able to visualise multiple routes to a solution and appreciate the value and significance of each step on the way
- Level-headed and balanced attitude under pressure
- Organised and clear communication style
- Empathetic and supportive personality, resonating with the experience of the owner and not just the fault with the product
- Outspoken and confident, proactively reaching out for support and amplifying the voice of the customer throughout the business
- Amicable team player, understanding that success derives from the work of “we” and not just “I”