Customer Service Manager - North America
As a brand, our vision is to transform how people live and get around in cities and be the leading urban bike brand in key cities across North America. Our bike was conceived as a product which would increase people’s sense of independence and freedom, and this concept is still at the heart of everything we do. The Brompton is widely acknowledged as the finest bike of its type: cleverly designed, and beautifully made to be versatile, easy to use and durable. This excellence, combined with the resurgence in cycling for transport and leisure, means we are enjoying strong company growth, with North America being a priority market as part of our expansion. To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative, and talented people that want to challenge the status quo, make an impact and be part of building our next phase of growth.
Responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all Brompton customers (retailers' and end consumers) by leading and motivating the CS team and developing strategies to increase customer satisfaction. The role will require daily coordination of resources to ensure the efficient and effective handling of all customer enquiries as well as developing and implementing a region-specific Customer Service strategy. This is a full-time position with expectation of 3 days per week in our office, based in New York, as part of a hybrid working environment.
- Leading the day-to-day Customer Service function by ensuring that all customer contacts are being resolved within the brand values and expected KPIs.
- Ensuring that warranty requests raised by consumers and retail partners are actioned and fulfilled within set SLA.
- Providing Brompton Retailers with training materials and support to ensure that service standards are upkept within the retail network.
- Manage and schedule CS Team workload and shift patterns to ensure that customer support is provided during operational hours. Work towards a 24/7 support strategy by increasing operational hours and implementing weekend working.
- Supporting other members of the team by providing done and being the point of escalation. Mentoring new team members and support the existing team on creating training materials.
- Proactively spotting patterns in the frustrations of the customers, seeing where we can change our processes or product to increase customer satisfaction. Provide reports when necessary.
- Implement and continuously monitor team KPIs. Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement.
- Take ownership of inquiries and proactively communicate with customers when dealing with difficult situations to provide a swift resolution and achieve a positive outcome.
- Be our customer’s biggest advocate and amplify their voice by escalating customer feedback and ideas for improvement.
- Drive conversions through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Assist with recruitment and onboarding new members when required.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations and Logistics, Head of Customer Service and various other Team Leads to achieve a level of support which matches the product we manufacture.
- Management of Brompton’s returns process for online sales, ensuring that all returns are handled in line with the brand values and expected KPIs
- Design and implement KPIs to maximize productivity and efficiency in support of an effortless customer experience
- Work with Sales and Commercial Operations to respond to customer inquiry and participate in project discussions.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience of managing an operational Customer Service team, ideally with a focus on high-touch support, account management or escalations.
- Excellent time-management, presentation, inter-personal, multi-tasking, and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously and effectively in a cross-functional team.
- Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service.
- You are passionate about your team's development and career progression. You take time to develop your team’s skills and create stepping stones that will provide opportunities for growth.
- Able to analyze data and create relevant reports when required.
- Experience in the cycling industry or strong knowledge of Brompton products is desirable but not essential.
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus, but not required.
- Familiar with a customer service platform such as Zendesk or Salesforce.
- Self-drive and ability to work under high pressure and time constraint.
- A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company.
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Able to work some weekends, early morning, or evenings.
- You’re empathetic and work to understand the perspective of our Customers and Customer Service agents.
- You build and maintain a strong culture within your team. You foster a spirit of teamwork and unity amongst team members that allows them to take risks, learn from mistakes, and work together allowing for growth and building connections with others easily while working in a hybrid work environment
- Able to work remotely if required– access to reliable internet connection required.