Customer Service Aftersales Lead - Warranty Focus
To ensure that Brompton delivers professional Aftersales Warranty support service to domestic and international Consumers, dealers and distributors. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver first class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the globe.
We are looking for an experienced Aftersales Warranty Lead to join our Customer Service team. The ideal candidate will have experience in supervising an aftersales support team, focused on global trade relationships. They will be expected to develop and improve the existing UK trade aftersales support team, while providing meaningful insights to the greater commercial team – allowing growth and unlocking key markets through exceptional customer service.
Previous experience in a B2B team support role or the cycling industry is essential for this role.
This is a full-time position based in Greenford, London, involving international travel and occasional weekend work.
- Leading the Customer Service Aftersales Warranty team
- Ownership and development of the end-to-end warranty process, from failure to fix, including all touch points from agents, account and end user, through systems and process.
- Facilitate and execute the warranty provisions planning process, beginning with the discovery of key insights and coming to fruition at key calendar intervals.
- Works directly with the production team to ensure warranty provision plans are fact based and aligned with retailer strategic decisions and priorities.
- Driving product and service improvement with a particular focus on warranty data and the voice of the dealer
- Author reports and generate meaningful insight at planed intervals to Customer Service After-sales Manager and wider business.
- Measure and effectively manage team and individual performance, balancing coaching and development with accountability and corrective action as needed to drive improvement in agent productivity and individual agent KPIs
- Understand and support a structured escalation process and how the dealer's relationship impacts the end users experience.
- Provide technical support to dealers, distributors and customers by chat, email and telephone, within Brompton’s brand values
- Work closely with the Customer Service Team and wider business, in order to deliver a seamless and excellent customer experience
- Represent the company at the Brompton World Championship, industry shows and external events as where necessary
- Tenure with a B2B Customer Service Team, supporting a technical product
- End to end curation and improvement of a warranty system and the management of surrounding processes
- Forecasting stock holding based on insights, trends and business trajectory
- Stock management using industry methodology at a business scale
- Delivering detailed management reports
- Creatively generating content aimed at a specific audience
- Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication; eloquent, empathetic and audience-appropriate
- Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and with meticulous detail
- A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company
- Attend weekly departmental meetings and factory training sessions when required
- Be IT literate including MS Word and Excel
- Be prepared to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad
- A broad understanding of today’s bicycle industry and Brompton’s place in it
- An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
- Zendesk (or similar Contact Center) including advanced topics (Analytics, Macros, Channel Integration, Apps)
- Knowledge of the Brompton Bicycle including maintenance and servicing knowledge
- Languages or international experience a plus