CRM & Email Marketing Executive
This role requires a proactive individual with both the creativity to deliver engaging email marketing to Brompton subscribers, and a keen eye for detail to analyse email campaigns and spot improvement opportunities. Reporting directly to the Customer Relationship & Loyalty Manager, this is a new role within an expanding team, signifying the growing importance of providing an exceptional customer experience in line with our premium brand.
This is an exciting time to join the Marketing team as we continue to drive global demand with brand development and customer experience at the forefront of our plans. We are placing strategic focus on how consumers interact with the Brompton brand through the subscribing, buying and ownership journey, with the aim of providing a seamless experience, regardless of touchpoint or retail channel.
The CRM & Email Marketing Executive will help develop and deliver the customer engagement strategy via email marketing, leveraging CRM insights, marketing technologies and best practice expertise.
Measures of Success
- Quality of the customer relationship experience – reflected in OR, CTR and customer feedback
- Growth of customer database – prospects and owners
- Ecommerce revenue directly attributable to CRM
Email Marketing & Customer Life-cycle Management
- Create and maintain the email content calendar, in line with the marketing and trading calendars, ensuring emails are relevant, targeted and engaging.
- Collaborate with the Regional Marketing teams to develop and implement multi-lingual, localised campaigns.
- Work alongside the Customer Relationship and Loyalty Manager in the development of the email marketing segmentation and targeting strategy.
- Using drag-and-drop templates, design, build and deploy marketing emails, contributing towards the overall global marketing and eCommerce objectives.
- Monitor, analyse and then optimise the performance of emails to improve customer experience and increase open and click-thru rates.
- Manage the database of Brompton prospects, owners and members.
- Support the Customer Relationship and Loyalty Manager in the development and implementation of the customer life-cycle marketing plan, delivering increasingly automated and personalised communication journeys.
Acquisition & Database Development
- Support the growth and enrichment of our consumer database of:
- Owners: Increase bike registration rate with a combination of strategic and tactical initiatives
- Prospects: Drive data capture across customer touch-points globally
- Ensure GDPR compliance for our consumer database via data capture, storage, enrichment, and segmentation.
Reporting & Insight
- Help prepare weekly and monthly reports, monitoring the performance of CRM activity, identifying trends, and providing insight on customer behaviour to drive continuous improvement and effectiveness.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the range of products best suited to customer segments, to deliver a tailored customer experience.
We are looking for someone who has knowledge and experience in personalised email marketing and CRM, ideally within an omnichannel environment. The successful candidate will have experience in managing databases, building email content calendars, creating emails via email broadcast tools and analysing email performance. You will have an analytical approach, a spark of creativity, enjoy problem solving and have a desire to disrupt the status quo. You thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environments and are motivated by delivering tangible results.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Results-oriented - you thrive in fast-paced, interrupt driven environments
- Self-starter who takes initiative and employs a problem-solving approach
- Excellent team player with interpersonal skills
- Creative flair to design and build relevant, engaging, and informative email communications
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and an ability to identify trends and insights from datasets
- Excellent written and communication skills with a creative eye
- Strong understanding of the current Data Protection and Privacy legislation
- Proactive and organised with the ability to drive projects as part of a team
- Curious and challenging, you enjoy testing and analysing campaigns
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role in a commercial environment
- Competent in email marketing best practice and reporting
- Excellent knowledge of email marketing techniques and best practice, including A/B and MV testing
- Technical experience using a major CRM system
- Experience with data management and list building / segmentation
- Worked in a multicultural, multinational business and achieved results by using local insights to tailor approach
Job Personality Profile
The Job Profile indicates that the person in this job should be friendly, assertive, independent, quick paced and have the ability to motivate others. Contact ability and communication are also likely to be key notes, as the job environment may require the active influencing and persuading of a variety of people in changing situations. The generation of many contacts and involvement in selling a product or concept by gaining willing acceptance may be important within the function. The incumbent should enjoy challenging situations and have the flexibility to work in an unstructured environment where there is freedom to act and the authority to take decisions.
Influence (High I)
- Social activities and community responsibilities external to the organisation will sometimes be required of the successful candidate.
- Candidates who exude natural self-confidence and the ability to make favourable impressions on others will be an important attribute.
Dominance (High D)
- An assertive, but not an aggressive style of communication is preferable.
- Reacting quickly to change will be viewed in a positive light and having the ability to set tough goals may be an important role requirement.
Compliance (Low C)
- Firm, even, at times, unconventional independence, will be a requirement of this position.
- The post is calling for people who are tenacious and firm in their opinions and decisions. Recommended candidates will, in most instances, be persistent and at times intractable in the positions which they may adopt.
Steadiness (Low S)
- Candidates who are always looking for new and better ways of doing things will be welcomed in this role.
- Mobility and alertness will be required of incumbents who intend to perform satisfactorily in this position.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.