Commercial Finance Analyst
We want this role to enable Brompton to make better decisions, faster. The core of the commercial/finance function is data and we are firm believers in real-time analytics and the empowerment of the wider business. To achieve this, we are implementing new systems across the commercial/finance function and require the technical capability to ensure we maximise the value from these systems. We are looking for someone with that capability and ambition to optimise our systems/data across our global operations.
- Business partnering the commercial team to improve understanding of their P&Ls & suggesting improvements.
- Analysis and review of commercial spending as well as the required accruals and costs arising.
- Month-end accounting with supporting reporting and analysis.
- Supporting the commercial teams with long term strategic plans and to input monthly forecasts as well as the annual budget.
- Building strong, collaborative relationships across key stakeholders’ including Marketing, Sales (direct & wholesale) & Finance.
- To support the business in the commercial evaluation of new business opportunities through analysis, business cases and research e.g. modelling new distribution partnerships, product launches, brand collaboration partnerships.
- To provide insight into current and historical business performance through analysis of the data produced by the business.
- To identify opportunities for business improvement, define the required actions and lead the execution of improvement initiatives e.g. analysis of cost & profitability for the ecommerce channel.
- To prepare / assist in preparation of weekly and monthly reporting packs and associated analysis
- Project scope includes, but is not limited to: Process improvement, regulatory requirements, maintenance of existing data structures and flows, improvement of existing data structures and flows.
- Process change: Provide tactical change support as needed to existing finance process.
- Modelling business data, analysis and reporting e.g. margin analysis, ROI projections, reporting across product, channels & countries.
Skills and requirements:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA (part) qualified or qualified by experience.
- Have strong SQL skills and are familiar with general data warehousing concepts and business intelligence tools such as PowerBI.
- Have experience of developing and improving financial reporting and financial procedures.
- Have previous experience of manufacturing and/or ecommerce.
- Have previous experience of preparing management accounts.
- Understanding of a group accounting principle.
- Good communicator.
- Able to manage heavy workload & strict deadlines.
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders.
- Attention to detail.