Brompton Bicycle is a leading folding bike manufacturer, in a sector that is going through rapid growth.
To meet customer demands the brazing department needs to increase its capacity rapidly, which means there is a chance to join a highly skilled team. You will be working in the Brazing Department alongside skilled Brazers and fellow trainees, brazing metal parts together by hand brazing. This is an important part of the Brompton Bicycle manufacturing process and one that requires attention to detail and high quality.
- To produce finished brazed parts and assemblies.
- To meet daily production targets
- Daily safety checks
- Cleaning & maintenance of equipment
- Torch brazing
- Understanding the technical details of the job and their implications on the final bicycle.
- Becoming familiar with a wide range of jigs and fixtures used for brazing.
- Preparation and fluxing of metal components.
- Loading/unloading the brazing jigs.
- Basic maintenance of different jigs and brazing equipment.
- Changeover of gas bottles and the control of gas flux levels.
- Joining metals parts using heat and a filler rod.
- Quality controls, including the monitoring of own braze quality and part quality.
- Work to Safe Systems of Work.
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Organised self-starter
- Ability to read drawings or written instructions
- Keen attention to detail, methodical work practice, organized, reliable, and motivated.
- Be aware of Health and Safety standards
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Punctuality and reliability are very important
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Physically and mentally fit for the job and in good health
- Trained in Manual handling would be preferred
- Good personal skills to enable efficient liaising between departments
- Physical fitness is required as this job will require some manual lifting
- This role will involve repetitive work with some machines being manually operated
- Effective communication, observation, and reporting skills
- Honest, reliable, and trustworthy
- Organised, flexible, and persistent
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised
- Willingness to undertake training to increase or update skills
- A balance of technical, commercial, and people skills