Brompton have ambitious plans and have invested heavily in technology across the business in order to help deliver growth. We have a complex ecosystem of integrated technologies that sit at the core of our sales, manufacturing, and financial processes. These systems include Infor’s Cloud ERP Solution, Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI), a bespoke B2B Ecommerce Platform, and an internally developed production line system (LPMS), as well as interfaces to a variety of other systems. These systems provide the foundation that will enable the business to grow to 100K bikes per year any beyond as efficiently as possible. There are two key responsibilities for this role:
- Design, develop and maintain business information solutions that aid critical decision making and help monitor business performance.
- Gather data across multiple systems to provide detailed reports and visualisations with the highest degree of accuracy.
You will be joining a very ambitious company and technology team where your responsibilities will be:
- Consult stakeholders across the business to gather business requirements and translate them into technical specifications that detail concepts and mapping between databases so it is easily understood and maintained.
- Take the technical specifications and design, code, test, and aggregate results from database queries to provide accurate data to users
- Help to drive a culture of data self-sufficiency in the business by providing tools & data cubes that enable users to manipulate the data to deliver business insight.
- Participate in the design, development, and analysis of data architecture and warehousing approaches.
- Utilise the data warehouse to generate reports to support business decision making as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that appropriate access control is in place for managing access to data.
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholder who store / manipulate / analyse data to ensure that we have a common approach to data access and BI across the business.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and improve existing BI systems.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or similar in software engineering, computer science, mathematics
- Proven experience as BI developer – ideally, you will have a portfolio of sample reports that you have produced and can talk through and be able to demonstrate the value that they have added.
- Demonstrable experience in a business analysis role translating commercial insight requirements into BI solutions.
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
- Knowledge of SQL queries, Stored procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Server & PowerBI
- At least 2 years .Net experience.
- Prior experience extracting data via API from ERP systems.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
- Experience in Cloud platforms such as AWS a plus.
- Proficient problem solving, interviewing and fact-finding skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Teamwork and organizational skills.
- Self-motivation and discipline, ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of source code management and configuration management.
Nice to have Experience
- Prior experience extracting data from Infor Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI).
- Prior experience developing using Infor Mongoose.
- Prior experience implementing Kerberos with SQL server
- Exposure to “Big Data” technologies (eg Hadoop / Data Lakes)
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.