Assistant Manager - Amsterdam
Netherlands, Noord-Holland, AmsterdamJunction
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
Brompton Junction is our retail brand flagship in key strategic cities around the world. Via in-store experts, brand inspiring environments and the full range of all things Brompton, we strive to offer our community the best in-store experience. We ensure that Brompton Junction is a great place to shop, spend time and be a part of.
Currently our retail network is embarking on an exciting global expansion plan and we are looking for passionate and committed individuals to join our team.
As a key member of the store management team, you will work alongside the Store Manager in this high profile flagship store, to deliver the company objectives for growth and development through a best in class customer experience. Ensuring a strong visual proposition of the store environment is always maintained through consistent housekeeping, VM and grooming standards.
You will possess strong leadership qualities inspiring your team of sales and technical staff to deliver the desired results through motivational coaching and development. Identifying opportunities for growth within the team and giving individual development feedback. You will lead by example to ensure that best in class service levels exceed customer expectations by bringing to life the brand customer journey and ensuring that learning and development is supported through Brompton Academy learning modules. You will support the Store Manager with end-to-end recruitment and onboarding processes for all new starters including probationary reviews.
You will be required to analyse commercial sales data to support the Store Manager with completion of weekly and monthly trade reports, monitoring and tracking store KPIs to motivate the team to reach store targets. Ensuring that store performance is optimised through maintaining replenishment of the stock package and layout in-line with company directives and range plan; whilst highlighting any further stock opportunities and risks. Responsible for leading commercial floor walks during store visits in the Store Manager’s absence and communicating and completing any actions required.
You will be responsible for ensuring compliancy via brand standard operating procedures, supporting with planning and execution of monthly stock counts, and supporting with delivery of stock loss action plan as required.
With an ambitious and dynamic nature, you will take a pro-active approach, recognising development opportunities and having confidence to implement initiatives with the support of the Store Manager. You will support with planning of community event calendar including social media campaigns and posts, ride outs, in-store events, and maintenance classes.
The successful candidate will be adept at meeting and influencing people, maintaining goodwill, creating good impressions, and conveying ideas in a logical and systematic manner. The person fulfilling this function should be a good communicator, positive, enthusiastic, and outgoing, but able to work within procedures on job aspects dealing with facts, standards, and quality. Activity, flexibility, pace and an accommodating, helpful approach are also important requirements of this job. Bringing a sense of urgency to situations when required, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved to increase the pace and achieve goals and objectives.
Leading a team with ease and motivating them to achieve high standards will come naturally to the suitable candidate for this role. The ability to build a rapport with key contacts across relevant HO departments that provide advice on what resources are available both within and outside the organisation will be essential. They will seek direction and authority from others when and if appropriate and achieve set goals in a non-assertive and efficient manner.
The successful candidate will need to remain confident when dealing with any negative situations and encourage others to share their ideas and solutions to improve results. They will use researched information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict. Providing optimum levels of leadership, encouragement, training, and support to help others achieve results and meet targets.
With an active nature you will be someone who has an adventurous and explorative approach to life; ideally with an interest in cycling you will adopt a Brompton into your life with ease. Living the brand, you will act with authenticity as a brand ambassador.
- Lead by example and develop all team members to offer best in class customer experience, ensuring brand customer journey is consistently brought alive by all members of the team.
- Maintain in-store expertise of Brompton products ensuring all brand communications are cascaded throughout the team in daily briefings and displayed on back of house noticeboards.
- Ensure new product launches are supported through team training activities to incorporate selling techniques into customer journey.
- Support with building community events calendar to plan and deliver regular ride-outs, in-store events, maintenance classes and pop-up events to retain loyalty and grow customer reach.
- Maintain a store environment in line with brand expectations including VM, housekeeping and team grooming standards.
- Promote the store through Brompton social platforms to communicate key brand messages customer engagement and advocacy.
- Motivate the team to consistently deliver the brand customer journey through individual and team coaching, recognising, and rewarding success.
- Own the end-to-end recruitment and induction process for Sales Assistants, including supporting development during the probationary period review process.
- Identify individual training needs and ensure all members of the team are trained to a consistent level completing all Brompton Academy modules.
- Ensure effective staff deployment in place, flexing according to changing trade patterns.
- Support with payroll and attendance management including holiday leave as required.
- Empower team to respond to customer complaints in a professional manner, attempting to resolve in store and escalating to head office if appropriate.
Commercial Performance and Reporting
- Motivate team to deliver store KPIs.
- Support with completion of weekly and monthly reports and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Seek and develop knowledge about competitor activity in the local area, communicating this to the Store Manager and identifying opportunities to promote the store.
- Communicate any people, operational, commercial issues to the Store Manager as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of store security in accordance with company policy and procedure including staff, cash, stock, IT and buildings.
- Place replenishment orders of stock as required to maintain performance and layout in line with company directives and range plan.
- Highlight any stock opportunities and risks to the Store Manager.
- Support with planning and accurate execution of monthly and year end stock counts. Ensure counts are reported in line with standard operating procedure and support with any further investigation as required.
- Ensure the team are trained on all standard operating procedures to ensure accurate handling of stock and payment handling.
- From time to time, you may be required to carry out additional duties.
- Passionate about the Brompton brand and customer experience.
- Driven by commercial success.
- Ability to coach and give feedback effectively.
- Confident communication and able to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change with flexible approach to achieve goals and tasks.
- A strong sense of responsibility and desire to get things done properly.
- Self-aware and emotionally intelligent.
- Energetic and dynamic.
- Warm, friendly and engaging personality.
- Outstanding professionalism.
- Outstanding loyalty and commitment to the business.
- Take responsibility for personal development and actively seek opportunities for improvement.
- Passionate about learning and encouraging others to succeed.
Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in global branded retail environment in a management role.
- Experience within a global sports or activewear brand desirable.
- Understanding of store targets and the drivers behind them.
- Previous experience in business reporting.
- Leadership, motivational and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Team working skills.
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Competence in Microsoft Office 365 suite including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Fluent in written and spoken French and English.