Application Support Manager 4-6 month FTC
About the role
Brompton have ambitious plans and have invested heavily in technology across the business to help deliver growth. We have a complex ecosystem of integrated technologies that sit at the core of our sales, manufacturing, and financial processes. These systems include Infor’s Cloud ERP Solution, Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI), a bespoke B2B Ecommerce Platform, and an internally developed production line system (LPMS), and a Sitecore/Magento ecommerce consumer site. These systems provide the foundation that will enable the business to grow to 100K bikes per year and beyond as efficiently as possible.
It is very important that the technology that underpins the business is well supported, and the stakeholders are provided with the best possible service. As the Application Support Manager, you will take a leading role in setting up, coordinating, and managing Business and Consumer related support requests.
The teams focus will be primarily related to Order Processing related incidents covering all different routes to market e.g. Direct to Home, Click and Collect, Trade, etc. ensuring responsive identification and management of the incidents and problems to successful completion. The team will also plan and conduct Quality Assurance Testing on the new changes and monthly patch cycles.
Reporting to the Product Manager – Business Applications, you will have a dotted line to the Product Managers within the IT & Digital Team. It is vital that you can articulate details of complex issues to all levels within the business from senior leadership to shopfloor staff and adjust your communication style accordingly.
You will need to be approachable and efficient in getting the correct level of details so when incidents are escalated either internally or externally time is not lost in between teams. The very nature of this role means that you will need to be hands on and conduct investigation to successful resolution with root cause analysis.
- Setup and establish a team focussed on Application Support.
- Conduct investigations to successful resolution with root cause analysis.
- Lead stakeholder issue review sessions.
- Day to day management and on-going performance monitoring of the new Application Support Team.
- Establish very close relationships with our internal stakeholders and external partners ensuring teams are kept fully informed and agreed SLAs are met and maintained.
- Bring knowledge from previous support desk roles and install best practice processes and procedures.
- Proactively target root causes to minimise the volume of incidents and help identify changes to the applications/processes to prevent ongoing problems.
- Setup and conduct Quality Assurance testing plans with the Product Managers, Business Analysts and Developers for new updates due into production.
- Bring insights gathered from the stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive business value and improve the performance of the existing and future applications.
- Work closely with development and Infrastructure teams to improve system performance, reliability and usability.
- Creation and on-going updates to a knowledgebase that helps to retain insights from past problems to fix future problems with brutal efficiency.
Key skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years working as an Application Support within an ecommerce and/or manufacturing business.
- Previous experience supporting an ERP Application, ideal Infor Syteline/CSI.
- Excellent knowledge and prior experience implementing and improving ITIL and IT service management principles.
- The capability to analyse data and identify trends, ideally knowledge of SQL and ability to query data for deeper investigation and trend analysis.
- Experience in supporting a complex portfolio of on premise and cloud applications.
- Prior experience setting up an application support team and monitoring the on-going performance.
- Day-to-day 3rd party partner management.
- Confidence in making recommendations to effectively influence change.
- Good understanding of Zendesk or similar helpdesk software.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
- Prior experience supporting Infor software suite - Cloud Industrial Suite (CSI), Factory Track, ION.
- Prior experience supporting ecommerce applications - Magento.